2001 TL Question

When the climate control is set to Auto, does the AC kick in even when it's cold outside? To remove humidity perhaps?

--
"Man who shoot off mouth, must expect to lose face."
- Confucious

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 00:16:08 GMT, MZ let slip this dark secret:

I know the AC kicks in when I hit the defrost button. I'm talking about regular "Full Auto" mode.
--
"Man who shoot off mouth, must expect to lose face."
- Confucious
Yes. like all auto climate control systems. There is a off button on the 2004 and every other auto climate I have had so presume also on 2001. Below a certain outside air (35 centigrade area ) temperature the air conditioner will not turn on has auto cutout. The air is really needed to properly blend air coming into the cabin and to maintain temps. At least this is my understanding.
George in NY