2004 TL stereo modification and additions ?s

Anyone know if there is an MP3 changer that is compatible with the stereo?
I have an Alpine, but don't know if anyone makes a conversion piece for the stereo and unit to communicate with each other.
Also, I would like the ipod option, but know if it is backwards compatible with 04 stereo.
Thanks.
,M3