2004 TL tire repair?

Birdgestone Turanza P235/45R17 with a puncture from a thorn is causing a slow leak, about 10 pounds loss in two days.
Acura Dealer service center says it's too close to the tread edge to repair.
He recommends a new tire, not necessarily purchased from them. In fact, he recommended Discount Tires.
Does anyone think that one of those spray-in sealers might work..? Tire has plenty of mileage left on it, and I'd like to avoid the cost of replacing, if possible.

"A lack of common sense is now considered a disability,
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 20:28:30 GMT, Larry in AZ

I hate to spend money on replacement tires too, but peace of mind for me is important.
I'd never trust a spray-in product unless stranded someplace where the proper new tire wasn't available. I've never had long-term good luck with plugs either. So now when there's any kind of leak, I pop for a new tire. I sleep better that way.
DC
Waiving the right to remain silent, snipped-for-privacy@MadCow.net said:

I hear you, but I've never tried it and wondered what others' experience might be. Thanks.

"A lack of common sense is now considered a disability,
Waiving the right to remain silent, snipped-for-privacy@MadCow.net said:

I hear you, but I've never tried it and wondered what others' experience might be. Thanks.

"A lack of common sense is now considered a disability,

Those spray-in sealers are only for short term to give you time to get it fixed right. Plus it may unbalanced the wheel.
I've been using plugs for years and only had one failure out of about 10 plugs. That failure is a slow leak but re-plugging solved the problem. You suppose to patch and plug but just plugs works for me.
If the puncture is too close to the side wall, it could not be fixed. You may try to insert a tube if its available for the tire size but the cost for the tube, mounting and balancing may justify a new tire.

Dude, if it's on the surface that contacts the roadput a plug in it and don't worry about it. If it's on the sidewall, get a new tire.