2004 TL Trailer Hitch

I have a 2004 Acura TL. I wish to install a trailer hitch for the sole purpose of installing a bicycle rack? Availability is a problem. Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried a few trailer hitch sites with no luck.

The TL is not rated for towing. Towing may void your warranty. I don't think there is a hitch because Acura does not want one on the TL.
Because of the rear suspension geometry, there is rapid wear on the rear tires with a heavy load of rear seat passengers or in the trunk. I am guessing that a towing load would exacerbate that wear.

"Xpditor1" wrote: > The TL is not rated for towing. Towing may void your > warranty. I don't > think there is a hitch because Acura does not want one on the > TL. > > Because of the rear suspension geometry, there is rapid wear > on the rear > tires with a heavy load of rear seat passengers or in the > trunk. I am > guessing that a towing load would exacerbate that wear. > > >
> > >I have a 2004 Acura TL. I wish to install a trailer hitch > for the sole > > purpose of installing a bicycle rack? Availability is a > problem. Does > > anyone have any ideas? I've tried a few trailer hitch sites > with no luck. > >
these guys claim to have developed a hitch for the TL
http://www.all-acura.com/ftopict-969.html
I?m considering buying a TL but have the same issue as many owners. I don?t want to install a roof rack on a new car.
Id?l also be curious to get feedback on the car -- comfort and performance are my key areas of concern. I do all long distance highway driving. Oh yeah, and gas mileage is bcoming more of an issue too.