2004 TL Wear Problem

I was washing my 2004 TL today and noticed the piping as you enter the drivers side interior has worn completely through. I have only 22,000 miles on the car (it's over three years old). The piping is where one steps as
you enter and exit the car. Even before I purchased the car, it was soiled just from people trying it out.
I plan to talk with the dealer about it. The TL has a relatively high step over. I hope Acura will replace it, but either way, it will have to be repaired.
I wonder if others have noticed this problem. If so, has Acura volunteered to repair it?
Thanks,
- Russ in Santa Barbara
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 19:35:56 -0800, Russell Lombardo

Russ,
I have a 2005 TL with grey interior. I had to have the drivers seatback cover replaced under warranty because the piping coloring finish was flaking off after only 3 weeks of normal wear. Since then, I've noticed that the piping seems prone to this problem, but not actual wear on the piping itself under the finish.
Paul