2005 RL antenna

It comes with GPS and XM sat radio. So, is the rooftop fin-shaped antenna for XM only, GPS only, or both XM and GPS? I gather the wire in the rear window glass is for local AM/FM reception.

Now if the rooftop antenna is *also* for GPS, I know there's mapping software from Acura for nationwide navigation. So, in this case how does the GPS interact with the nav software system?

Reply to
PRNole

The fin on the roof is for XM only. The GPS reception is through extra wires in the rear window. The care comes with a DVD for mapping that displays a moving map on the screen. The system works very well although they could make it a lot better. The RL also has a traffic alert system that updates on the screen if you're in a city that has a compatible system.

Reply to
Joe