2005 RL - Wrench Lost!

While checking oil level, etc. under the hood of my 2005 RL, my little guy "inadvertently" dropped a small crescent wrench down the duct at the right
front (as you look at the engine) of the engine area. Opening is approx. 1 1/2" x 5" and then leads into a 3" dia. tube which runs down and curves towards the area in front of the left front wheel well (I think!). Unable to reach down (too small) and cannot see to the bottom (curves) - no opening underneath and because underneath area is all covered cannot see where wrench ended up.
Anyone have an idea what this "duct" is for and where it leads? More importantly, how do I extract the wrench?!
Thanks.
Art

It's probably the air intake,that winds around and connects to a hidden resonator tank like in my Integra,for "intake tuning" and noise suppression at varying engine RPMs.(before going on to the air filter box and on to the throttle body.) Your wrench is probably stuck at one of the sharp bends;there's little chance of it getting sucked into the motor,but it IS an extra restriction in airflow,costing you a bit of power.
To get it out,you would have to remove some of the plastic wheelwell(there are screws),and see where the first tight bend is,and pull that section of piping. On my Integra,there were several 10mm bolts holding in place each part of the intake plumbing to the chassis.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Art wrote:

Just a thought, I'm not sure if the duct you are speaking of is plastic or metal but if it's plastic or rubber you may be able to retrieve the wrench with a good strong magnet on a string.
--
WARNING! Email address has been altered for spam resistance.
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 14:15:05 GMT, Art said:

Maybe if you turn the car upside-down and shake it.
--
"I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with
them."
Are you sure someone didn't turn you upside down and shake you when you were "younger"!! <Bruno> wrote in message

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 01:31:22 GMT, Art said:

Hey! It could've worked!
--
"Man who throws mud, loses ground."
- Confucious

Congats. - those are handy tools. Where'd you get it? MZ

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 20:47:02 GMT, MZ said:

I got one of those at the dollar store. Paid a buck for it.
--
"Man who throws mud, loses ground."
- Confucious
Got it at Auto Zone - $2.50