2005 RSX

I am looking to buy 2005 RSX with leather and auto. Dealer is looking for $200 over invoice about $20,900. Anybody have experience with the car,
issues, comments. What about the pricing? That sounds good to me. Anyone do better? Thanks in advance for your reply Joe

I have a base 5 sp with leather, 2004. Not a type-S. It is an excellent car. The only minor problem I had was with the stock radio; the reception is not stellar. The CD is fine. Apparently, changing it will make little difference because the antenna is in the rear window, and this is what makes the reception poor. It has all the nice touches that I like, such as power windows, doors, mirors, heated mirrors and seats, cruise, etc...
As a rule, I always try to have the dealer through in a few goodies, like the rust protection, moonroof visor, car bra, or free oil changes. Try that because they always oblige.
The car is rock solid, smooth, albeit rides harsher than my 91 teg. It is a little noisier than I expected. I am planning to sound dampening it this summer with dynamat. It has better grip and cornering abilities than my 91 teg, but the Michelin tires are crap and aquaplan a lot! If I had the money, I would change them. It accelaration much better than many other small cars, even for a 160 HP. It has a lot of low and medium range torque. I have tried the type-S, but for the 5K more (CND), the premium gas it takes, and the higher, *much* higher insurance, I decided against the type-S and I do not regret it: I do not race and am not a ricer. The type S has had a grind problem with the second to third gear. Because of this, it made it in the 2005 lemon list, only for this, mind you:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t &2596
It is a recommended car by CR,
I am curious....how much more was the insurance on a TypeS vs base RSX?? I too am thinking about buying a RSX.....
Frank wrote:

Depends on your age, where you live, etc... I am 37, 3 kids, no accident. I live in Ottawa, Ontario Canada. For me, it was only approx. $500 more per year. I pay only $600 per year now for a base, CND, with replacement value, low deductible, etc... I am lucky.
But I have heard that at around 20-25, with no accidents, insurance for a type s can be more than 3k per year, and more. Check out www.clubrsx.com and there are a lot of treads on this issue:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t &1208&highlight=insurance+rate

Thanks for the response.
I am 40, married, no kids live in US. I will call my insurance agent to get a quote. I really cannot compare from the insurance thread on clubrsx, since most posts are from kids........
I was looking at a Type S, but since the tranny is a lemon, will go with the base or wait for next model.
Thanks again.
Frank wrote:

The tranny isn't a lemon, but it's not perfect either.
--

Rob

"B.Creech" < snipped-for-privacy@nc.rr.com> wrote in message

I have been toying with the idea of trading off my 01 Prelude for the S model. But, since they are still having problems with the transmission, I think I'll give that idea up for now. Just have not had any problems with the Prelude.

I purchased a leather/auto RSX back in 2003. The price you're quoting is better than what I got at the time, so from me I'd say that's pretty good.
As for the car, I have had no major issues with it. I immediately put in an Alpine CD player and Infinity speakers to upgrade the sound system and bought the rear cargo net and trunk liner off of eBay (the dealer charges too much for these, but I recommend both.)
The ride is tight and you can feel some bumps, but this is how it is with sports cars. If you want a plush ride you need to go for a Toyota Avalon or something like that. For general comfort I rate the seats about 7 out of 10. Of the two keyless-entry remotes I received at time of purchase, the buttons on the one I've been using are worn down and that seems a bit soon for me.
However, I've had absolutely no mechanical problems with the car and after two years there are still no rattles. I haven't had the problem with hydroplaning that someone else mentions. Handling in snow is very good, probably 8 out of 10.