2005 TL Engine Noise

I have a 2005 TL that is six months old with 10,800 miles on it. For a few months now, there has been a noise that comes from the engine only when you accelerate, and I think it is mostly heard when the transmission is shifting gears. It's kind of a metallic noise...maybe something with the valves. I am taking it to the dealer next weekend, but I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this and what I should expect.

There are a few sporadic interior noises and a squeaky driver window that bother me as well. Otherwise, I love the car. It's gorgeous and fun to drive!

Reply to
Jennifer B

Jennifer I own a 04 TL and yes it sure is a great car. There is a lot of discussion on engine noisee at acurazine.com a very good forum for

3rd gen acura. Read here, and you might find some answers.

JoganJani

It is very possible that the issue is a loose heat shield. The same issue occurred on my 2004 TL. I had to go round & round with the deaker to get it fixed. Outside of the car being a rattle trap....yes it is a nice car.

H>I have a 2005 TL that is six months old with 10,800 miles on it. For a few

Reply to
Michael

Are these cars still being built in the US?

Reply to
Bruno

TL is built in Ohiao.

Reply to