2005 TL - Piping on Leather seat showing wear after 2 months

The piping on the door side of the leather seat is already showing signs of wear, with the surface worn away in 3-4 places over a 2 inch area. I never wear clothing that could cause this.
Anybody else seeing this? I'm planning to run it over to the dealer and complain.
Paul
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:19:11 GMT, Ramapo wrote:

Yup. My 2001 TL has crappy leather, too.
--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me
than a frontal lobotomy.

I've never really liked leather seating in cars. Problem is, these days, that it's standard in most "upscale" models, and you're stuck with it.

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually
Larry J. wrote:

Pretty annoying, isn't it? I would pay extra for premium cloth seats. I heard someone say it was possible to special order a BMW with cloth seaths (a common option in Europe, or so I've been told), but it almost requires talking directly to the factory.
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 02:14:09 GMT, Bryan Oakley wrote:

It would still be a BMW, though.
--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me
than a frontal lobotomy.

What kind of treatment, if any have you done to it? It really should not wear that quickly, but if you get it fixed, I would use some mink oil or other treatment to keep it looking new. The leather on my '97 Integra still looks good, but I treat it regularly to keep it clean and pliable. Posted by the Rubber Dino.
Get new seat cover at dealer covered under warrenttee 4/48

Be careful, it is bad idea to use seat cover in a car with side air bags. Read the warning label of side airbags and side curtain air bags.

UPDATE: Dealer agreed to replace the seat cover. No questions. At 2 months old with 800 miles on it, they didn't have much they could say.
As far as treating the leather, the car is new and I haven't even thought of that yet. I time I will.
I actually like the leather seats. But, each to his/her own tastes and comforts.