2006 Acura RL

If anyone on this group owns an 05' or 06' RL? Can you tell me what kind of gas mileage you get? thx

Reply to
SilverStude

I have an '05 RL with just under 10,000 miles on it. I live about

20 miles from work and it's about 40/60 city, expressway. I'm getting 24.5 - 26 MPG now.

I just took it on a 700 mile trip last week. All but about 30-40 miles of it was expressway. with A/C on and cruise control set for

78 mph, I got 28.8 mpg going there and 26.8 mpg coming back. I think the difference was more traffic on the way back so ti caused more speed fluctuations.
Reply to
Lee Florack

thanx

Reply to
SilverStude

Reply to
jamo

Correction, try 31 mpg

Reply to
jamo

Are you using Imperial gallons or US gallons for the calculation?

Reply to
Ramapo

Wondering if you've done your calculations correctly. Acura claims

18/26 mpg for this car, and while they're method of figuring is much more accurate than some other car companies, in reality the mpg you actually get are always (or nearly always) lower, not significantly higher.
Reply to
Burnt

Since your car is nothing like the RL we're talking about, it's not surprising that the mileage you're getting is different. The RL has a 3.5 liter engine, is all wheel drive and weighs over 4000 pounds

-- again, nothing like the Honda Euro you're driving. Also, you're driving over 2x as far as I do each way to work.

Reply to
Lee Florack

I have a 2006 that I use about 50/50 for city/highway. I get almost exactly what Honda states, maybe a little less as I'm a little heavy on the pedal. The killer for me (I was trading out of an SUV to save money on gas) is that it requires premium gas.

Reply to
HarrisPhiladelphia

It's worth it isn't it? :-)

Reply to
Lee Florack

If I get good gas ( gas from a rural area that does not have the smog crap in it that is required in many locations) I have been getting about 31 mpg at 75 mph (at around 4000 ft altitude). Just less than 30 mpg when going 80 mph (legal in far west TX). When I have the gas from the city my steady highway mpg at 75 is typically 28 to 29.

When I do "normal" driving (mostly freeway with some surface street driving) in a city like Richmond, VA or Dallas, TX I get about 20 mpg overall. In stop and go traffic in Dallas I was getting about 15 mpg. At home I get about 14 (ugh!) if all I do is go down and back up the hill. When I do more "normal" driving at home I get a little over 17 mpg.

Wind of course can make a big difference. I was on a road trip in April and I was getting about 40 mph for quite a while with a tail wind. I was on another trip recently and I was driving into a headwind and I was only getting 26 or so.

Reply to
Douglas Kaip