2006 acura rsx factory alarm question

This could be a technical question for any car. My car alarm sounded briefly (2 or 3 honks) instead of the full 2 minutes when there's a break-in. The only thing that I think could have caused it is the frigid
weather as it was below freezing yesterday the entire day here in NY. Are all electronics/car alarms susceptible to sounding off in extreme cold weather?

one that changed their name to Viper after my daughter's was made and then to something else by the time my son bought one. Both systems are cold sensitive - mostly they don't want to unlock in very cold weather.
Mike

Do you have a 2 stage alarm? a brief one for tampering,and a full 2 minute one for break-ins? My aftermarket one does.

my BlackWidow car alarm is temp sensitive;it gives the 1st stage tamper warning briefly when the sun warms it up in the morning,a bit of a nuisance.It could be the shock sensor.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik