2006 EL

When is Acura going to announce the new EL for Canada? Or is it the CSX?

--
"Man who shoot off mouth, must expect to lose face."
- Confucious

Google is your friend.
http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleIdV05&categoryId !
Sounds like a Civic with a slightly larger engine. Which is cool. Bigger is better. Now if they could just shoehorn an Olds 425 in there...
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On 25 Oct 2005 01:05:28 GMT, TeGGeR let slip this dark secret:

Where would you sit?
--
"Man who shoot off mouth, must expect to lose face."
- Confucious

Sit?
You'd be layin' FLAT, m'boy! Yee-HAW!
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Ages ago my gearhead younger brother put a 427 in a Vega. He couldn't explain why! Anyway, he chopped the firewall up to do it. He said it steered worse than a normal Vega (if there ever was such a thing as a "normal" Vega) but accelerated like crazy. Uh-huh.
Mike
On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:07:55 -0700, "Michael Pardee"

It's the brakes you have to watch out for. I put a monster motor in a 1970 Malibu fifteen years or so ago. It still had the original drum brakes, front and rear. I quickly got reminded that it's just as important to be able to scrub speed off quickly, as well as put it on.
Front disc brakes and a servo were next on the list...
--
Dan.

You haven't felt bad brakes until you've experienced unboosted drums all-around.
You know what's really weird? Modern power disc brakes that are grindingly down to the steel are WAY better than manual drums in perfect condition. Odd, that.
And hey, view the worst I've ever seen, here:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/rustybrakes/aerostar_new-old_rotors.jpg
Even worse than that: Pre-war cars with NO FRONT BRAKES. Push the pedal and you'd swear that pedal was not connected to anything at all. Frightening until you get used to it.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

That's exactly what I had on the Malibu. Four drums, no booster (servo). Scary, with 300-odd horsepower.
--
Dan.

It was a '67 Chevy Biscayne (cheapo Impala) for me. I recall descending a long shallow hill and pressing both feet full force on the brake pedal for several minutes until it finally drifted to a stop on a semi-level place. Even without fading the brakes just wouldn't lock up - talk about poor man's anti-lock brakes!
That was a memorable car. It had a 6 cyl "Turbothrift" engine and 2 speed "Powerglide" transmission. I recall it did a whole lot more thrifting and gliding than turboing and powering.
Mike
Looks like an EL to me. MZ

...which is a Civic with few more bells and whisltes.