2006 EL

When is Acura going to announce the new EL for Canada? Or is it the CSX?

Reply to
Humma Kavula

"MZ" wrote in news:RDd7f.113438$ snipped-for-privacy@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

Google is your friend.

Sounds like a Civic with a slightly larger engine. Which is cool. Bigger is better. Now if they could just shoehorn an Olds 425 in there...

Reply to
TeGGeR®

On 25 Oct 2005 01:05:28 GMT, TeGGeR® let slip this dark secret:

Where would you sit?

Reply to
Humma Kavula

Humma Kavula wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Sit?

You'd be layin' FLAT, m'boy! Yee-HAW!

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"MZ" wrote in news:wPv7f.113890$ snipped-for-privacy@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

...which is a Civic with few more bells and whisltes.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Ages ago my gearhead younger brother put a 427 in a Vega. He couldn't explain why! Anyway, he chopped the firewall up to do it. He said it steered worse than a normal Vega (if there ever was such a thing as a "normal" Vega) but accelerated like crazy. Uh-huh.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

It's the brakes you have to watch out for. I put a monster motor in a

1970 Malibu fifteen years or so ago. It still had the original drum brakes, front and rear. I quickly got reminded that it's just as important to be able to scrub speed off quickly, as well as put it on.

Front disc brakes and a servo were next on the list...

Reply to
Dean Dark

Dean Dark wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You haven't felt bad brakes until you've experienced unboosted drums all-around.

You know what's really weird? Modern power disc brakes that are grindingly down to the steel are WAY better than manual drums in perfect condition. Odd, that.

And hey, view the worst I've ever seen, here:

Even worse than that: Pre-war cars with NO FRONT BRAKES. Push the pedal and you'd swear that pedal was not connected to anything at all. Frightening until you get used to it.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

That's exactly what I had on the Malibu. Four drums, no booster (servo). Scary, with 300-odd horsepower.

Reply to
Dean Dark

It was a '67 Chevy Biscayne (cheapo Impala) for me. I recall descending a long shallow hill and pressing both feet full force on the brake pedal for several minutes until it finally drifted to a stop on a semi-level place. Even without fading the brakes just wouldn't lock up - talk about poor man's anti-lock brakes!

That was a memorable car. It had a 6 cyl "Turbothrift" engine and 2 speed "Powerglide" transmission. I recall it did a whole lot more thrifting and gliding than turboing and powering.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee