2006 rsx problems

I am having a very unpleasant experience TRYING to purchase a 2006 rsx base model with leather. I live in NY and no dealer within a 50 miles seems to have them. Most lots have only 1 or 2 or none. I am being treated like a space alien because I want to do silly things like a test drive and actually look at the car before I buy it. I have been told that "the picture is a good representation" and other ridiculous things.

Is anyone else having these problems. I have also been told the wait time could be a couple months!!

I have a few questions - I am looking at non type s w/leater

1) I want an automatic. Is there any difference in appearance of the type s and base. I want leather. I know the main differences are the spoiler, audio, wheels and engine. Cosmetically is there any difference in appearance.

2) Does the car have an alarm or just a keyless entry? Do the lights blink to help you find your car in a crowded parking lot at night. When I put an aftermarket deck in my civic, it disabled the remote entry which is built into the stereo. Is that the case here? Can I tell them I don't want any deck at all and have them deduct it from the price since I want to go aftermarket?

3) I was quoted 21850 for it, is that a fair price.

4) I inquired about putting type-s stock wheels onto a non type s and was told that it would cost an additional 3300 dollars. What kind of flexibility do they have to haggle that down

5) Does the moonroof go in like my 98 civic or out and on top of the car

6) Does it have heated leather seats?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
calesco_99

Answers inline

Not much you can do, its a popular car, ususally they sell once they get them. I just bought mine about a month ago, it was the last 05 they had. The sales men I bought it from claimed he himself had already sold 15 of the

06's, and they were now just waiting for them to arrive.

Type S has 17" tires, base has 16" tires. I do belive the TYpe S also has different side skirts and front lip. You can easy buy the Type S side skirts and front lip and upgrade if you want.

Has keyless entry, which works as a basic alarm. If you lock the doors with the remote, then someone unlocks them from the inside of the car(without the remote) it sets off the panic. I've removed my stereo and added my own, and this did not have any effect. You can press the panic to find your car, or if you press the lock button 2 times the lights flash and the horn honks. Automatic is slower and worse on gas then the manual version.

I paid $27000 for mine, but thats in CDN $$

Not sure what your dealership is like, but you can find Stock Type S Rims on Ebay for way less then that, or can buy a nice set of aftermarket rims for less

It opens out and back, or out and up

heated seats and heated mirrors :)

My previous car was a civic, and I know have the RSX...I now look forward to driving, although I wish I had the added power of the type S...Type S also has true I Vtec, base does not, although acura will tell you it does :(

Good website for rsx info

Jamco

Do a consumer reports price report if you are serious about buying. Although it might not do much good if demand is high.

On canadian versions. The US version doesn't have heated seats or mirrors, AFAIK. Mine doesn't, at least.

Reply to
not

Reply to
Jamco

Yea, I don't know what they're thinking. Maybe they're available as an option?

I live >No heated seats or mirrors in the US hey...I think I might have read that

Reply to
not

Reply to
Al Slocumb

I have put 500 dollars(refundable) to hold an rsx in magnesium, since I couldn't find one

I can never post on clubrsx, it lets me log in, but says I don't have privleges to post

A couple other questions

1)What color is the rsx in the interactive showroom on acura.com 2)Where can I find a good picture of the magnesium rsx aside from acura's website. 3)Do the red guages distract at night? 4)How good are the headlights? Are they super white from a distance? How bright are they? 5)Is the moonroof tinted? 6)How is the ride? I won't be able to test drive until a week from now, but everyone says it is such a noisy car(wind, bumps, etc.)

Thanks alot in advance

Reply to
calesco_99

original poster was inquiring about the base model.

Reply to
not

I e-mailed you two pictures of mine in Magnesium

The red gauges are fine

Headlights are adequate.

Yes

My type S has a great feel of the road, it is not a luxury type car. I get no wind noise but you can hear the engine, transmission and road noise however I do not find this objectionel. I understand the non type S is a bit quieter and has a softer ride. The handeling of this car is awsome, I love this car. Also in town I am getting 29MPG and I don't baby it.

Reply to
Al Slocumb

well mine is the base model.

You need to post 25 responses before you can start your own posts. If you do a search, you could probably find some pictures there

like i said do a search on clubrsx and there should be lots

It looks damn cool, but never distracts me

Very nice headlights, not super white

probably brighter then average

It is definately a firm ride, at first I did NOT like it at all, you feel every little bump. After having it a couple months, and then going back to my moms toyota, I must say I now much prefer the stiff sespention to the loose suspention of other cars

Reply to
Jamco

I realize that which is why I stated the difference. I hope this information was of some help as most of it applies to both models.

Reply to
Al Slocumb

My 2005 Type S has heated mirrors but no heated seats.

-- Russ Panneton snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Nederland, CO "Too bad ignorance isn't painful"

Reply to
Sparky

I just got the call that "my" 06 rsx magnesium metallic is in. The only thing stopping me is the wheels/tires. I need advice. I don't like haggling. It is a base model, not an rsx(I want automatic), and I hate the stock rims. The type-s rims which I like better retail for over 3,000 dollars. I know that I can get after markets, but I want the type-s rims. Two separate dealers have told me that they can't cut any breaks, that the car is a hot item. How do I swing this. I am not looking to get them for free, but 3g's? What is a reasonable price, and how do I handle it. Do I tell him, I got my checkbook now, lets make the deal or I walk. He is a nice guy, so I don't want to be a jerk.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
calesco_99

calesco snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Find a guy who is changing his stock RSX-S wheels/tires to aftermarket wheels/tires and *buy his*. Then sell your stock wheel/tires.

face reality,you're NOT gonna get any deals from the dealer.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

got them down 400 on the rims will get my own tires. are the interiors of the type s and non type s the same aside from shift and cd player?

thanks in advance

Reply to
calesco_99

calesco snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Why don't you go to the *Acura website* and research it yourself? Or stop by an Acura dealership,look at their literature,and maybe talk to a salesman.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

literature doesn't state. they just got a base in yesterday. as for asking the salesman, i have found they forget things as well. another difference no one seemed to state was that the rsx comes with an underbody kit and the base does not

Reply to
calesco_99

I just gave the go ahead on an 06 base rsx and am going with the magnesium metallic with black leather. I do not want the type s, because i want an automatic. Unfortunately the base comes with HIDEOUS rims. I wanted to go with the 06 type-s rims, but the dealer wants to charge me 2500 for them(just rims, i'll get my own tires). I talked him down to 2000, but that is still way too much. i plan to tint, add foglights and audio and a couple other little things, but i am not into "tuning". i am looking for a rim that is fairly close to the type-s rims and fairly conservative looking.

i think the 06 type-s rims are new to 06 and i have scoured ebay for a month, but it doesn't seem like they will show up.

can anyone suggest anything similar? 17's preferably.

Does anyone have them an want to sell them?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
calesco_99