2006 rsx problems

I am having a very unpleasant experience TRYING to purchase a 2006 rsx base model with leather. I live in NY and no dealer within a 50 miles seems to have them. Most lots have only 1 or 2 or none. I am being
treated like a space alien because I want to do silly things like a test drive and actually look at the car before I buy it. I have been told that "the picture is a good representation" and other ridiculous things.
Is anyone else having these problems. I have also been told the wait time could be a couple months!!
I have a few questions - I am looking at non type s w/leater
1)    I want an automatic. Is there any difference in appearance of the type s and base. I want leather. I know the main differences are the spoiler, audio, wheels and engine. Cosmetically is there any difference in appearance.
2)    Does the car have an alarm or just a keyless entry? Do the lights blink to help you find your car in a crowded parking lot at night. When I put an aftermarket deck in my civic, it disabled the remote entry which is built into the stereo. Is that the case here? Can I tell them I don't want any deck at all and have them deduct it from the price since I want to go aftermarket?
3)    I was quoted 21850 for it, is that a fair price.
4)    I inquired about putting type-s stock wheels onto a non type s and was told that it would cost an additional 3300 dollars. What kind of flexibility do they have to haggle that down
5)    Does the moonroof go in like my 98 civic or out and on top of the car
6)    Does it have heated leather seats?
Thanks in advance
Answers inline

Not much you can do, its a popular car, ususally they sell once they get them. I just bought mine about a month ago, it was the last 05 they had. The sales men I bought it from claimed he himself had already sold 15 of the 06's, and they were now just waiting for them to arrive.

Type S has 17" tires, base has 16" tires. I do belive the TYpe S also has different side skirts and front lip. You can easy buy the Type S side skirts and front lip and upgrade if you want.

Has keyless entry, which works as a basic alarm. If you lock the doors with the remote, then someone unlocks them from the inside of the car(without the remote) it sets off the panic. I've removed my stereo and added my own, and this did not have any effect. You can press the panic to find your car, or if you press the lock button 2 times the lights flash and the horn honks. Automatic is slower and worse on gas then the manual version.

I paid $27000 for mine, but thats in CDN $$

Not sure what your dealership is like, but you can find Stock Type S Rims on Ebay for way less then that, or can buy a nice set of aftermarket rims for less

It opens out and back, or out and up

heated seats and heated mirrors :)

My previous car was a civic, and I know have the RSX...I now look forward to driving, although I wish I had the added power of the type S...Type S also has true I Vtec, base does not, although acura will tell you it does :(
Good website for rsx info www.clubrsx.com

Do a consumer reports price report if you are serious about buying. Although it might not do much good if demand is high.

On canadian versions. The US version doesn't have heated seats or mirrors, AFAIK. Mine doesn't, at least.

No heated seats or mirrors in the US hey...I think I might have read that somewhere actually...I guess Acura thinks it doesn't get cold in the states.

Yea, I don't know what they're thinking. Maybe they're available as an option?
I live in the south, and you'd think heated seats would be an unneeded luxury, but it gets COLD here in the mornings in the winter. I had 2 volvos that had heated seats, and I miss them - you might only use them 20 or so times a year, but they're pretty durn fantastic every one of those 20 times.

My 2005 type S has heated mirrors. The switch is located adjacent to the mirror adjusting control.

I have put 500 dollars(refundable) to hold an rsx in magnesium, since I couldn't find one
I can never post on clubrsx, it lets me log in, but says I don't have privleges to post
A couple other questions 1)What color is the rsx in the interactive showroom on acura.com 2)Where can I find a good picture of the magnesium rsx aside from acura's website. 3)Do the red guages distract at night? 4)How good are the headlights? Are they super white from a distance? How bright are they? 5)Is the moonroof tinted? 6)How is the ride? I won't be able to test drive until a week from now, but everyone says it is such a noisy car(wind, bumps, etc.)
Thanks alot in advance
This is on my 2005 type S

I e-mailed you two pictures of mine in Magnesium

The red gauges are fine

Headlights are adequate.

Yes
My type S has a great feel of the road, it is not a luxury type car. I get no wind noise but you can hear the engine, transmission and road noise however I do not find this objectionel. I understand the non type S is a bit quieter and has a softer ride. The handeling of this car is awsome, I love this car. Also in town I am getting 29MPG and I don't baby it.

well mine is the base model.

You need to post 25 responses before you can start your own posts. If you do a search, you could probably find some pictures there

like i said do a search on clubrsx and there should be lots

It looks damn cool, but never distracts me

Very nice headlights, not super white

probably brighter then average

It is definately a firm ride, at first I did NOT like it at all, you feel every little bump. After having it a couple months, and then going back to my moms toyota, I must say I now much prefer the stiff sespention to the loose suspention of other cars

I realize that which is why I stated the difference. I hope this information was of some help as most of it applies to both models.

original poster was inquiring about the base model.

My 2005 Type S has heated mirrors but no heated seats.
-- Russ Panneton snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Nederland, CO "Too bad ignorance isn't painful"
I just got the call that "my" 06 rsx magnesium metallic is in. The only thing stopping me is the wheels/tires. I need advice. I don't like haggling. It is a base model, not an rsx(I want automatic), and I hate the stock rims. The type-s rims which I like better retail for over 3,000 dollars. I know that I can get after markets, but I want the type-s rims. Two separate dealers have told me that they can't cut any breaks, that the car is a hot item. How do I swing this. I am not looking to get them for free, but 3g's? What is a reasonable price, and how do I handle it. Do I tell him, I got my checkbook now, lets make the deal or I walk. He is a nice guy, so I don't want to be a jerk.
Thanks in advance
calesco snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in

Find a guy who is changing his stock RSX-S wheels/tires to aftermarket wheels/tires and *buy his*. Then sell your stock wheel/tires.
face reality,you're NOT gonna get any deals from the dealer.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
thanks in advance
calesco snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in

Why don't you go to the *Acura website* and research it yourself? Or stop by an Acura dealership,look at their literature,and maybe talk to a salesman.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik