2007 TL Navi

Is the TL Navi system something that has a monthly fee? Or is it like Street Pilot ot Tom Tom, just linking to GPS?

Thanks

Reply to
RML

No fee. The Navigation system uses free information from the GPS satellelites to determine where you are and stored information on a DVD-ROM in the trunk to turn that information into a map. You can buy map updates as often as once per year if you want to at a cost of around $185. So far I'm updating ours every three years.

The latest Garmin portable units are now getting pretty good for under $500, so you might want to think hard about the Garmin vs. a dedicated unit.

John

Reply to
John Horner

But it won't be integrated with the radio, and Blue Tooth phone like the TL system...

Reply to
Larry in AZ

There is a monthly fee for the real-time traffic updating for the navigation. I think it's about US $10 per month.

- Russ in Santa Barbara, 2004 TL, 1997 NSX

Reply to
RLL

Is that available on the TL though?

Reply to
Jim Tiberio

Hi,

I checked the Acura web site. Real time traffic updating is optional on the TL and standard on the TL-S.

- Russ

Reply to
rll

"RLL" wrote in news:77zYh.167257$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.phx:

Real-time traffic is delivered by XM satelite radio. If you pay for the XM radio service already, then the traffic data is $4/month extra. $10/month is if you do not get the XM radio.

Reply to
sally