2007 TL Type S Oil Capacity compared to standard engine?

I decided to change the oil and filter myself this time instead of taking my car back to the dealer. I've changed the oil on many vehicles over the years, but never before on my TL.
The old oil filled up my drain pan almost to overflowing. I use old gallon jugs to take the oil to the disposal facility, and it filled up two of them!
I was wondering if the Type S 3.5L engine has greater oil capacity than the standard 3.2L, but I haven't found anything that indicates that it does.
I put in 5 quarts of fresh oil, and the dip stick indicates that it is full.
I've heard of cases where a careless mechanic changed the oil filter and added new oil, but forgot to drain the old oil. Wouldn't that cause an immediate and obvious problem with the engine? The oil and filter were last changed by the dealer over 6 months ago, and I've seen no sign of a problem.
Any ideas what could be going on here? Thanks!
John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.