2008 TL

Has anyone heard anything about the 2008 TL. It's had the same body style since 2004. I think it's due for an update. I don't want to buy model that's
on the way out.

The other side of the coin is that first-year cars tend to be the most troublesome. Problems get worked out as time goes on in the model cycle.
Honda follows four-year model cycles.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Agreed.
--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.

The cycle's been four years for at least two decades.
If they're now using a five-year cycle, it's extremely recent, like the very latest gen.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

They switched to a 5 year cycle back in the 90s, I believe.
Examples: Accord: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2002 design. New design came out 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007. Next redesign should be due for the 2008 model year.
TL, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003. New design in 2004...2005, 2006, 2007,... Next redesign should be due for the 2009 model year.

The Acura TL is built in the same plant as the Accord; same assembly lines, I think. Therefore a new Accord pretty much requires a new TL; if not simultaneously then following soon.
Tegger has a good point about buying a new model. TL sales aren't that strong right now so buyers have the upper hand; if a warmed-over Accord is what you want. Perhaps the next TL will offer Honda's SH-AWD to increase separation from the Accord.

Warmed over Accord? Can you expand on that please?