2010 RDX Trans Fluid Replace

Just got a warning to change Trans and Diff Fluids at about 85,000 miles. Is this a calculated warning based on miles and driving conditions or are there sensors that actually detect fluid condition?
That is, should I have the fluids changed now or is it safe to wait a few thousand miles until the next oil change?

AFAIK, all of the Maintenance Minder items are driven by algorithms that indicate when the fluids need changed.
It's based on things the cars are already monitoring: miles, temperature, cold starts, RPMs, etc. All these things are thrown into the mix and taken into account by the Maintenance Minder.
I don't believe there are any sensors actually looking at the fluids, no.
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

Likewise on MDX. I got the code and have them replaced. Good insurance. Since new I always used dealer service whenever code pops up. Also timing belt and water pump. This '08 MDX is still running like new.

Thanks both. Tony, I believe the RDX vTech engine has a timing chain. Anyone know?
snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.net wrote:

Yes, 2nd gen. RDX has chain.