270 HP vs. 258 HP?

Hi all, I picked up my '06 TL last week and have a question that wasn't answered to my satisfaction by the sales guy. Why was 2005 TL rated at 270HP while the '06 is rated at 258HP? The dealer says they implemented a
new policy that all car companies will have to adhere to at some point when disclosing HP, he didn't explaim the policy. Are they rating it from a point other than the crank? Did they ever measure from the crank. I assume more than 12 HP would be lost in the drive train.
258 HP is certified to SAE J1349.

Jim Tiberio wrote:

The HP of the car has not changed. Only the way they are allowed to measure it. ie. using oil that would void the warranty and other cheating methods to boost the number are no longer allowed. The 2005 would likely be given the same rating on the new system.
--
WARNING! Email address has been altered for spam resistance.
Good explanation.

Is that true? I heard that the new Civic Si would have been over 200 with the old method, now it is 197(?)