3.2TL CD Player

I have a 2000 3.2TL with Bose sound system in it. Don't tell anyone, but I burned some CD's which work fine in my home stereo, but will not work in the car.
Is there any way to tweak the system so that it will play the CD's? Thanks, Brian
On 11/13/05 2:27 PM, in article ukNdf.122617$yS6.17590@clgrps12, "Brian

Its just a matter of luck. Try different brand CDs and try burning them at slower burn speeds. Eventually you'll find some that will work.
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 00:01:17 GMT, E Meyer let slip this dark secret:

I tried different brands of CD, different speeds, but nothing really worked. I ended up with an iPod connected through one of those cassette things. Now *that* works well!
--
"Man who shoot off mouth, must expect to lose face."
- Confucious

My 2000 TL has always played the cheapest bulk CDs burned by the superdrive on my Mac. Have you tried a different burner or different software on your burner?
E Meyer wrote:

Mine has similar behaviour to the original poster. I have found that generic CD's will work but not very well. It gets worse if the car is cold or you are trying to play a track further toward the end of the CD. The disk usually plays fine if you run it continuously from start to finish but if you stop the drive does this continuous seek behaviour looking for the track. The all black Memorex CD's however always seem to work perfectly for me.
http://www.memorex.com/html/products_detail.php?SID=1&PID %
--
WARNING! Email address has been altered for spam resistance.
try to limit the CD to 74 minutes playing time. Some older players will not play the new 80 min discs

Didn't work for me! (2001 TL)
--
"Man who shoot off mouth, must expect to lose face."
- Confucious

Did you do a straight copy of the CD music or did you convert them to MP3's? If MP3's, it probably means your car CD player does not play MP3's. ----------- Alex
Alex Rodriguez wrote:

I think Alex has diagnosed your problem. Make sure they are NOT MP3 format...

the car. Is there any way to tweak the system so that it will play the CD's?<<
Make sure you're using CD-Rs, not CD-RWs.
On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 20:11:20 -0500, Sid Schweiger let slip this dark secret:

I you look around here a little harder, you will realise that there is no magic solution. Good luck.
Personally, I ended up with an iPod and one of those cassette adapters.
--
"Man who shoot off mouth, must expect to lose face."
- Confucious

In addition, CD-Rs use various dyes. If you are using green CDs, you can try blue ones (and vice-versa.) I don't think there is one fixed answer.
Mike