3.2TL CD Player

I have a 2000 3.2TL with Bose sound system in it. Don't tell anyone, but I burned some CD's which work fine in my home stereo, but will not work in the car. Is there any way to tweak the system so that it will play the CD's? Thanks, Brian

Reply to
Brian Yates

Its just a matter of luck. Try different brand CDs and try burning them at slower burn speeds. Eventually you'll find some that will work.

Reply to
E Meyer

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 00:01:17 GMT, E Meyer let slip this dark secret:

I tried different brands of CD, different speeds, but nothing really worked. I ended up with an iPod connected through one of those cassette things. Now *that* works well!

Reply to
Humma Kavula

My 2000 TL has always played the cheapest bulk CDs burned by the superdrive on my Mac. Have you tried a different burner or different software on your burner?

Reply to
E Meyer

Mine has similar behaviour to the original poster. I have found that generic CD's will work but not very well. It gets worse if the car is cold or you are trying to play a track further toward the end of the CD. The disk usually plays fine if you run it continuously from start to finish but if you stop the drive does this continuous seek behaviour looking for the track. The all black Memorex CD's however always seem to work perfectly for me.

Mike Drechsler - SPAM PROTECTE

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

Reply to
You_Know_Who~

Did you do a straight copy of the CD music or did you convert them to MP3's? If MP3's, it probably means your car CD player does not play MP3's.

----------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:17:55 GMT, Mike Drechsler - SPAM PROTECTED EMAIL let slip this dark secret:

Didn't work for me! (2001 TL)

Reply to
Humma Kavula

the car. Is there any way to tweak the system so that it will play the CD's?

Reply to
Sid Schweiger

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 20:11:20 -0500, Sid Schweiger let slip this dark secret:

I you look around here a little harder, you will realise that there is no magic solution. Good luck.

Personally, I ended up with an iPod and one of those cassette adapters.

Reply to
Humma Kavula

In addition, CD-Rs use various dyes. If you are using green CDs, you can try blue ones (and vice-versa.) I don't think there is one fixed answer.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I think Alex has diagnosed your problem. Make sure they are NOT MP3 format...

Reply to
James