3rd gear grinds 2006 rsx-type S

I've noticed that when it's cold and I first start driving in the morning, on occassion, 3rd gear "grinds" when I shift from 2nd. It doesn't happen
every morning but it's happened about 4 times now since winter started. It's ONLY 3rd gear. Any ideas? This is brand new RSX TYPE -S with 2,000 miles on it.
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:28:23 -0500, "lilrdgsr"

That's what warranties are for.

dealer should ensure the gearbox lube is full. He may balk and say you must have been abusing the gears, but *second* gear is invariably the one that shows that earliest (as early as about 30K miles in a harshly used gearbox); third gear is fairly rare. 2000 miles is very low for that to show up in any case. And for that to happen on upshift instead of downshift, with these few miles - unheard of. When you add together third gear, upshift, 2000 miles...something's not right.
Mike