75K Maintance on 2000 Acura TL

I bought the car without the owners manual. My check engine light came on 150 miles before my 3k oil change. Is there anything that needs to be done besides the oil?
Note: Bought with 69K, was Certified from Clair Acura in Massachusetts.
Any help is appreciated
If possible email me directly at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com or post here :)
Thankyou
On 1 Mar 2006 16:48:46 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com said:

That engine light is not a "maintenance reminder". Have your car checked out.
--
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds
that I don't know the answer."

then it just thinks you need an oil change. If the actual "check engine" light is on, you have some other problem.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

You can get one on eBay. <http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&fstype=1&from=R10&satitle 00+acura+tl+owners+manual&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis 0&fpos=L3Z+2J2&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1>

See others' replies. Make sure you're identifying the light correctly.
If it's actually the MIL ("Check Engine light"), there is a problem with the engine or its associated controls. Sometimes the MIL will illuminate if there are transmission problems. You need to get a garage to scan for the numeric codes that are set when the MIL comes on.

Is the car still under St. Clair's warranty? If it's the MIL that's on, then St. Clair owes you a check of the OBD-II system.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Man just go to www.automd.com and get some car details there man. The best autosite on planet, Bar None!

interactive responses is the next step up from sites like automd.com. Automd doesn't really have anything to offer the OP in this case.
Mike
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

I suggest going back to Clair Acrua and asking them for the owners manual. ---------------- Alex

If the car was properly certified it should have come with all the manuals especially the owners manual.
David Short Acura God
My question would be is it a "Check Engine" or a "Service Required" light?
If it is the "Service Required" Light, that has to be manually reset after each oil change. On the trip odometer, just hold both the select and reset buttons for a while as you start the car. That will reset that timer.
I know because my dealer forgot to reset it once. Great.

On 3/5/06 11:24 AM, in article Xns977D741D382A5nobodyhomecom@204.127.199.17,

There is a pocket in the left side wall of the trunk for the owner's manuals. Have you checked to see if its in there?