87 Acura Integra driveshaft nut size? And some thoughts on the torque converter

    Does anyone know the size of the nut that holds the driveshaft to the wheel in the 87 (ok, 86-89) Acura Integra? I am going to take the tranny
out and found out my 30mm socket (used in VWs) is way too tiny...
    On another note, have any of you ever experiencing the starter gear (as in flexplate scaled down to a ring welded to the torque converter at 6 points) breaking the above-mentioned welds so it now wobbles and cannot get to the starter? If not, make a point not to. I am not even being able to find a replacement... :P
--
Mauricio raub-kudria-com
(if you need to email me, use this address =)
Mauricio Tavares wrote:

think it's the same as the later models - 32mm.

supported. acuraparts247.com. not cheap!
jim beam wrote:

getting an impact socket of that size. I draing the tranny and disconnected the shifter and speedo cable and the cooler hoses yesterday. Hopefully I will have the tranny out of the car today. :)

worth. I guess it is time for the used route... :(