90 Integra GS Headlight & Key Chimes

Greetings, Does anyone know if this car is equiped with reminder chimes for the headlights and keys. I've recently replaced the ICU which fixed the flashing
oil light, rear defroster grid, intermittent wipers, and an occassional chirping (chime?). But I thought it would also fix the chimes if they were present but it did not. I did open up the old ICU and the circuit board had multiple cases of black spots/corrosion/rust. Evidently some people are capable of repairing these by cleaning them up and replacing certain capacitors for just a few dollars. Unfortunately this is way over my head and opted to spring the $175 for a new unit. It was fairly easy to replace with the most difficulty coming from releasing a couple of the upper wiring connectors from the fuse panel. Regards, Robin
Add pictures here
âś–

Yes to both.
The headlight chime is a 2-pin connector ahead of the front of the center console. Check to see if it's still connected. It is independent of the ICU. The key reminder is part of the ICU.

Won't if the door switch is bad.
Questions: Does your seat belt alarm still sound? How's your dome light?

Don't! Get one from the wrecker's for $10.

Yeah. The wires are awfully short.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

After posting this I had doubts about my memory, so I checked the wiring diagram. I turned out to be half-right: The lights-on CIRCUIT is part of the ICU, but the BEEPER UNIT (the buzzer itself) is separate.

NEITHER lights-on nor key-in will work if the door switch is bad, so check that first. I repeat my earlier question: Does your dome light work properly (when in the middle position)? If the door switch is bad, the dome light won't come on when you open the door.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
Hi TeGGeR, The dome-light does not work with the door switch. As soon as I have a chance I'll pull it out and take a look at it. The seatbelt buzzer does work though. Thanks for the help. Regards, Robin

Add pictures here
âś–

I assume the dome light works with the roof switch turned to the ON position? That way you at least know the bulb works.

Has nothing to do with the door switch, so it's no help here.