('91 Integra) On the way to get the brakes fixed the spoiler fell off muhahahahaha

Well, not quite. I've fixed several rust spots (fixed, not made them look nice). Alas, they're getting ahead of me. Still waitin' on the biological modified
sheet metal/ DNA material that would heal itself. Dings would pop out themselves. Or, transparent aluminum (Star Trek?). OK I'm watching too many Industrial Light & Magic shows. So I'm about to take my '91 Integra to a mechanic to do front brakes and I check to see what's in the trunk. The trunk lock doesn't work anymore, but the cable release still does. I pull it, then head round back and push up on the spoiler (GS) and it pulls out of the trunk lid. What a sinking cheesy feeling. #@**!!~!!ing! chemical termites at work again. Come out and chew like a man dammit! With yer mouth open! I guess I figured out how water is getting in to underneath the back seat (see post of a couple of months ago). I popped it loosely back in to it's rusted out hole, bungeed it down and dropped it off . I mention to Bob if he could come up with a trunk lid that would be cool. Black would be gravy. More later.....
Add pictures here
âś–
chemical termites at work

Would you like to supply pictures for my Readers' Rides page? ;^)
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
"Would you like to supply pictures for my Readers' Rides page? ;^) "
Cruel, but fair....
Why not. What do I do?
Add pictures here
âś–

Take the pics and email them to me. Contact info is on the site. My mailbox is pretty big, so don't worry about attachment size.
Some details would be nice. History, special problems you've encountered, that sort of thing. Pics especially of the worst of the rust would be a nice house-of-horrors sort of thing. I'd use your Usenet screen name for your entry.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
My daughter is taking the GS to Minneapolis for a 'Metal' festival this weekend from here, Indianapolis. If I remember I'll take/send some pictures when she returns. I see your LS looks like mine w/o the spoiler. I see you also are going w/o the twin pipe chrome like I am. Looks kinda cheesy don't ya think? I have the original chome port, but the screws are pretty corroded. I've used some of those cheap aftermarket screw on pipes, but they either fall off, or contribute to electrlytic rusting of the muffler pipes. Cheers
Add pictures here
âś–

Mine is an RS, the cheapie model. In Canada in '91, the RS was available with a spoiler as a dealer-added option. This is one source of the "new old-stock OEM hatch struts" you sometimes find on eBay.
The Acura dealer received kits consisting of the spoiler, a template, a drill bit, and a set of stronger struts. When an RS purchaser requested the spoiler option, the existing brand-new struts were replaced with the stronger ones, then stuck somewhere for storage. I bought one of those sets two years ago off eBay.
LS's and GS's came standard with the spoiler up here.

My original tips and tailpipes fell off after three years. The stainless tips hold moisture, so you get tons of rust on the tailpipes.
Yes it looks much less finished than they do with the tips, but I'd rather have intact tailpipes than pretty tips. The exhaust is all OEM, and the OEM tips were a whopping $25 each, an added incentive NOT to buy them.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
i found lots of those struts at e-bay after you mentioned it. I'm on my second failed pair (dealer). So most of those available on e-bay may not support a hatch with spoiler? Probably won't repair spoiler. Ilike it better w/o one. Cheers
Add pictures here
âś–