91 Integra radiator

Need to replace radiator in 91 Integra 5 spd. Web distributors show at least 2, sometimes 4 different choices. How to tell which one to get?

âś–

Get one with an aluminum core if possible.
Get the automatic tranny one, which is dual-core, and plug the tranny fluid lines in the bottom tank.
And don't get the very cheapest one there is.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
?maybe a silly question but - aluminum, dual core for automatic will cool even better than the single Al- core manual &/or the all metal copper/brass single core, correct?
appreciate yr help.

Add pictures here
âś–

There should will be no difference in engine cooling, as the single-core rad is already more than up to the task. It's just that since aftermarket is so cheap compared to OEM, you might as well get the dual-core.
My mechanic says aluminum rads are better than brass. I think it has to do with heat transfer being more efficient with aluminum.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
and whats the difference between the Denso and Toyo OEM versions?

Add pictures here
âś–

Don't know.
It's possible there's no structural difference at all. My factory manual only shows one kind of rad structure.
I'd say just get a dual-core aluminum one, then hold it up close to your installed one and then compare/measure them /before/ taking the old one out. That way if it's not right, the shop will take it back and get you the other kind.
I don't /think/ there's any difference. All the rads I've seen in cars in wrecking yards all look the same.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
You can see both versions here: http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/acura/jsp/mws/catdisplay.jsp?inputstate=4&catcgry1=INTEGRA&catcgry2 91&catcgry3=R+LS&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5 or http://tinyurl.com/admez
You can tell which one you have by checking if your fan has 4 or 5 blades.
The radiators look the same in those pictures, but maybe they have different pressure ratings. I know when I called the other day to get a price on a radiator cap they asked me whether I had toyo or denso.
--Art

Add pictures here
âś–
Last question (I hope) I can get one, single core, Al- w/ plastic tank at AutoZone for $153. Is this a good / reasonable deal?

Add pictures here
âś–

Just got mine replaced $170 + $80 for installation. On a 91 car there is much point on paying for the best since the car will go to the scrap yard within a couple of years. Your case may be different Don't drive with a leaky radiator. The fumes will go into the car and antifreeze glycol is poisonous to the kidneys.
Mel
Add pictures here
âś–