'91 Integra whines like a truck

Just started doing this. A whine that sounds like a truck transmission. It follows the speed of the engine. It sounds like it's coming from the right front engine area (as you face the engine compartment). I figured belt? water pump? 145K. Anybody have a clue who's had a similar problem? I did an exorcism last night, so the possesion freaks please stay away :-)....

Reply to
finding z0

Could be a wheel bearing.

Reply to
Venture Rider

timing belt just about to fail. stop running it immediately! replace belt [and pump while you're in there]. go to tegger.com for links on how to do the job yourself. buy the helm manual as well.

Reply to
jim beam

Did not know timing belts gave you a warning - good info. Had one to go on an 80 accord - on starting - no valve damage.

Reply to
butch burton

only if you're lucky! if they're slack, they're quieter & less likely to make noise.

Reply to
jim beam

Into Honda tomorrow. I had the belt changed at 90K. I thought after

100K no more miantenance was needed...;-)
Reply to
finding z0

I changed the brushes on the alt. in the summer. Wondered if it could be the alt?

Reply to
finding z0

It wuz the AC idler pulley $43 part, $109 work...

Reply to
finding z0

Thanks for the feedback!

Mike