92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

Page 2 of 16
Jim Yanik wrote:

I didn't see anything that would indicate a reluctance to change the pistons...
Do you have any idea how common turbos and superchargers are for Hondas? It's really the most cost effective way to make power, after Nos and way cheaper than bolt-on mods dollar/HP.
--
http://haywire.csuhayward.edu/~jwells2

Some turbo installs ARE bolt-ons(DIY),and some aren't. When you get into changing pistons/rods/heads and internal mechanicals,the costs and trouble go way up.And requires more skills and perhaps specialized tools.
A good guide is the more power,the greater the complexity/difficulty,and cost.The question is;how much and how far is the OP willing to go? Both in terms of desired power,effort,and cost.
Obviously,the OP has not done his research,and instead is looking for opinion on this NG. Not too wise.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

replying to Troy Lumley, Mr. Riddlez wrote: Its been hell with my 91 acura b20b turbo because it's an obd0 which is the worst to run turbo plus my blower just stopped functioning and the blower motor is brand new so dont go turbo
It comes with GPS and XM sat radio. So, is the rooftop fin-shaped antenna for XM only, GPS only, or both XM and GPS? I gather the wire in the rear window glass is for local AM/FM reception.
Now if the rooftop antenna is *also* for GPS, I know there's mapping software from Acura for nationwide navigation. So, in this case how does the GPS interact with the nav software system?
--
PRNole
--------------------------------------

Hi,
I got my new 2005 RL at the end of last year. I love the car, but the one issue that I have is with the real-time traffic info that should be displayed on the Nav system. It worked when the salesman delivered the car to me, but stopped working shortly after. The dealership is great, but tell me that it needs a software update that should be available in February. Are other owners seeing this problem? I live in the Boston area. Any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Chris.
The best website for all things Acura (besides the factory site) is www.acurazine.com They have a section devoted to the new RL.
They have over 55,000 members and lots of good info.

To follow up on my original posting....Had the RL in for a set of recalls yesterday. One of the was to replace the Acuralink unit, which fixed the real-time traffic issue - it is now working properly! BTW, they also replace a speaker in the front-door - nothing wrong with it to my ears, but it was another recall. They also did something to the PCM system. Everything seems good now....
Had my RL in for the updates on Monday. Everything was ok till then..
Now the doors keep trying to lock again anf the passenger side mirror does not always return to the preset position.

I have strange problem with my 2002 TL and before I will go to the dealer I would like to get opinion from this news group. I was driving one day and presses breaks car stopped. After released brakes car didn't move. I accelerated and I could see rmps went up but nothing happened. I switched to parking and back to D5. After everything went to normal. It happened twice. I just had 30K service and all latest recalls were installed. They inspected transmission and didn't find any abnormalities. Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions. -Bob
After inspection dealer replacing transmission. That was my first and lat Acura.

Uhhh, you're getting a FREE transmission, right?!? What's the problem? If they were charging you'd I'd say I'd never buy one again but every vehicle has some defect somewhere, and many dealerships tell you too bad. They're making good, if I were you I'd be sticking with Acura for that very reason, it's not particularly commonplace.
Bob wrote:

Right after dealer replaced first transmission I had to open windows because of the smoke coming from vent. I brought my car back they looked at it and said that it was defective gasket on the new transmission. Next day I was driving from work and I felt smell of burning oil. Brought car back to the dealer they asked me to leave car in the shop for the day. They called me and said that second ( brand new) transmission was defective and they had to replace it again. Oil was liking on exhaust and burning. They call Acura tech support and reconfirmed that transmission had manufacture defect. I agree that every car has one problem or another but transmission problem can cause serious accident. You can read on Acura forum that people had accidents because of the transmission. Acura is fully aware of the problem and will replace transmission if it breaks but I don't want to wait till it breaks when I am driving 70 miles. Dealer reconfirmed that a lot of cars had the same problem and new transmission will probably have the same defect. Thanks, Bob

Bob wrote:

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of all these issues. I was considering trading my 91 NSX for an 05 TL..... different generation TL, hopefully they've worked out these issues.
I recently purchased a '98 Acura - I've never had leather seats before - can anyone suggest a good cleaner and conditioner. I've heard that you should not use a single product but 2 separate ones. Thanks
"Sue" wrote:

Surprisingly, Acura makes THE BEST leather cleaner in a small aerosol can. It comes in a black box along with two other cleaners for glass and plastic. It also comes in a larger pump bottle but I wasn?t impressed. The aerosol can makes the leather soft, slick, and brings out the leather smell. The cracks in the grain leather also smooth out. The pump version didn?t seem to perform as well. The black box kit sells for about $10 and has a black NSX on the front cover. The can has enough cleaner to generously clean the seats for about 2.5 cleanings.
SSSup! DUDES! got da word from my 'rents that gonna get a new car now that im 18. i wan t to get either an accura tl or a g35 or Bmw330 ... all new. I lik e the power of the g35 but the 330 has more stylin with my crew and the tl is good to. if you have one of this cars witch one would you get? my posse says the tl is show no go cuase its got no power and it front whel drive. but i like the looks and some beotches i know have one. is it a chick's car? let me now soon cuase i m going to get it soon and it will be my 2dn car since i kinda had a reck in my first (a Mutsang gt 2004 ) chill -badazzzracr
18 going on 10
Why don't you try using English instead of Jerkish.

This must be a reward for exemplary grades in English class. Parents might have forked over for a Ferrari if he brought it up to a D or C-.