92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

Page 11 of 16
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:27:00 -0500, VigorGirl wrote:

Sell it. Get an Acura. Then come back here and tell us about it.
--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me
than a frontal lobotomy.

<snip>
Your best bet is to post this question in rec.autos.tech or rec.autos.makers.chrysler
There are a number of very experienced Chrysler techs in those groups, and they will know better than us what's wrong.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
I have fungus on my toenails, how do I get rid of it?
My cat misses the litterbox more often lately, she is old and I think she may be getting senile. Can I toast her in the oven without basting her?
The baseball steroids scandal is very interesting; what do you think about marsupials in the closet wearing silken drawers?
What do these things have in common with the post below? The fact that none of them relate to "Acuras", my dear. Perhaps the title of the newsgroup might have clued you in, perhaps not. You should look for alt.autos.crappy-ass.Plymouth.Voyager.problems.is.redundant. That is all.
Guy Weiss, your friend.

I think from her name (Vigorgirl) she probably owns an Acura and this is her second car.
--
Ed Smith
"Guy Weiss" < snipped-for-privacy@wiseguy.com> wrote in message
ok you have what is called a 604 or a 41te transaxle in your voyager. it has EXTERNAL speed sensors that are known to have problems these speed sensors <especially the output speed sensor controls speedometer function. this transaxle has absolute no electronics inside of transmission unless the manual lever position sensor is internal<depends on modelof trans> if the speed sensor fails the speedo will quit working and the trans will go into failsafe mode 2nd gear only.dont be taken by mech that says its internal problem have vehicle scanned OBD2 systems see if it has output speed sensor code. Ken ASE certified transmission tech

I just bought an RSX Type S. Is putting body side molding on it to protect it from door dings a stupid idea? If not, what product would you suggest.
Thanks, Drew Faber Long Beach, CA
Additional info: The car from 2002 and is silver.

I have an 04 RSX. I am not sure what you are considering as body molding, but I would think that anything would just look out of place. I have none, by the way. I do have a door ding that a stupid a@@hole did a last week. However, I will be able to "pop it out" from the inside (taking out the door panel). Anyhoot. I try to park as far away from other cars. This helped (until last week, however).
Ice

I'm considering a lease on a new '05 MDX. Anyone have any opinions on this car or other vehicles in it's class? What should I be paying for it in the NY/NJ area?
Thanks in advance for any input. John.
John wrote:

minor at best. You may have heard that this vehicle doesn't really excel at anything, but it's not deficient at anything either, and that is pretty much true. I've drive other SUVs that steer more precisely, just about all of them brake better, others have better off-road capablility, others ride better, but all those also suffered other drawbacks you won't find in the Honda/Acura line.
For specific complaints, I do hate the gear selector, but I think it's different in the Acura. Leather seats on the Pilot are holding up so far, but they aren't in my '02 Acura or any other Honda/Acura I've owned. They will crack no matter what, but keeping them treated helps delay the inevitable.
You may want to look at the Pilot before jumping into an MDX. They're the same vehicle and Acura charges several thousand more for a different body style. You'll have to decide if it's worth the extra $$$.
On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 21:54:54 GMT, Tom wrote:

Some say the Acura dealerships have better coffee.
--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me
than a frontal lobotomy.
MDX comes with more air bags as standard. They protect you from every where in side the car.

John wrote:

minor at best. You may have heard that this vehicle doesn't really excel at anything, but it's not deficient at anything either, and that is pretty much true. I've driven other SUVs that steer more precisely, just about all of them brake better, others have better off-road capablility, others ride better, but all those also suffered other drawbacks you won't find in the Honda/Acura line.
For specific complaints, I do hate the gear selector, but I think it's different in the Acura. Leather seats on the Pilot are holding up so far, but they aren't in my '02 Acura or any other Honda/Acura I've owned. They will crack no matter what, but keeping them treated helps delay the inevitable.
You may want to look at the Pilot before jumping into an MDX. They're the same vehicle and Acura charges several thousand more for a different body style. You'll have to decide if it's worth the extra $$$.
How easy is it to steal a 2002 RSX Type S? Should I get a steering wheel lock? I did get Lojack.
Thanks, Drew Faber Long Beach
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#stolen

Hey guys. Seems like my cabin smells musty at times. It smells the worst when I turn the A/C on, but a lingering "musty-and-leather" unpleasant odor seems to be present more often than not. I have cleaned out the cabin (powerwashed the damp floormats) and I vacuumed out the 2 cabin filters (they do need to be replaced and were dusty and gross, but I don't think this accounts for the smell... plus I Lysoled them...). Anybody have any ideas? I'm currently masking the smell with an air freshener... I have heard that A/C evaporator cores can get fungusy or drain hoses can get plugged... where are these located on the RSX? Thanks, Paul

Sometime back in the alt.autos.volvo group one of the regulars posted his solution to the common problem of musty odor in A/Cs. The first step was to ensure the drain hose was clear (it normally drains the evaporator housing to someplace just in front of the passenger), then to turn the A/C on full cold and to spray a mixture into the cabin air intake. I don't recall the exact mixture, but the main ingredient was rubbing alcohol and I think it included Lysol. The spray would condense on the evaporator and kill mold on the surface, then run down into the drain pan and the drain hose.
Mike

Once the drain tubes are clear, this is the remedy one of the regulars in the alt.autos.volvo group just reposted:
************************************************** Non-toxic A/C System Cleaner
Mold, mildew and fungus growth in automotive A/C systems is a common problem, especially when the air intake control is regularly set to "recirculate" or "Max A/C". There are commercial cleaners available that can control the problem, but I have yet to locate one that isn't both moderately toxic and strong-smelling. Since I'm somewhat sensitive to noxious odors and to chemicals like ammonia, I have developed an easy to mix, non-toxic alternative that, for me at least, works as well as or better than the commercial products. In the interest of a less-toxic environment and as a public service, I am posting it.
Materials Needed:
Clean adjustable spray bottle, preferably 24oz or smaller.
Cheap vodka
Apple cider vinegar
It is probably possible to use white wine vinegar, but I haven't tried it. Feel free to experiment, at your own risk. Mix the two ingredients in the bottle: three or four parts vodka to one part cider vinegar.
Application:
With the recirculate control set to "fresh", the ventilation fan on medium, all windows open ,and the engine and A/C running, spray generous amounts of the mixture into all of the outside air intakes. These intakes are usually located at the base of the windshield. If the system is already seriously moldy, wait a minute, set the air intake control to "recirculate" or "Max A/C", and spray the mixture into the air recirculate intake, usually located above the front passenger footwell, or sometimes behind the glovebox. Let the A/C and fan run for another minute or two, then switch off first the A/C, then the engine. The car will smell strongly of vinegar for an hour or two, but I find this to be both far preferable to the smell of the commercial cleaners and shorter-lived. Leave the windows open a little when finished, if possible. Like commercial cleaners, one application may not be enough, so I suggest weekly applications until the problem is gone, then preventative treatment once a month during warm weather.
Precautions:
This formula is non-toxic, but not completely harmless. Use common sense when applying it. That means not getting the spray in eyes, nose or open wounds, and not applying it with people or animals in the vehicle. Depending on the proportions (and again like some commercial products) the mixture may be flammable, so don't apply it while smoking or near any combustion source.
As with the commercial cleaners, remove any residue from painted and/or plastic surfaces after application, as it may harm the finish.
Finally, don't drive the vehicle until the vapor has dissipated; not only is there a slight potential for intoxication, there is also the possibility that this cleaner can produce a false positive on a police breath alcohol analyzer.
Copyright 2001, by Michael Cerkowski. Distribute freely, but do not modify.
"Paul S" wrote:

Spraying the cabin filters with a wet Lysol spray probably did nothing more than bring out that Earth smell. Lysol will never truly clean the smell off.
http://home.comcast.net/~teh534/filter2.JPG
Honda Cabin Air Filter - 80292-S5D-A01 (Honda $20 Ea/2)
http://www.students.yorku.ca/~mvelic/hondainst.jpg
Take out the two tab stops on the glove box and swing it down. Then remove the gray cap cover on the right above the fan box. Be sure to look for clumps of debris built up inside. Might want to use a vacuum attachment.
Buy new cabin filters from www.hondacuraworld.com for less than the dealer. If you decide to go to the dealer, they have an outstanding leather cleaner spray. Buy the 3 can detailing kit in the black box with the NSX on the front. The spray smell is strong but will bring back the new leather smell in your RSX. The aerosol cleaner is much better than the pump bottle.
Hi all
I just finished replacing my clutch but for some reason when i connected my clutch cable i had to adjust it to almost the very end of the threads, as if my clutch is still old. its working right now but if its a brand new clutch shouldnt i have a lot more room for adjustment? does anybody know what is wrong?
Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.