92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

Did the timing belt break?

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

Jafir Elkurd

If the car has been sitting for a year the fuel may be bad. Let your nose tell you. Does it smell like gas or does it have a rank, varnishy smell? You may need to drain the fuel rail, fuel filter and lines as well as the tank and get some fresh gas in there.

See also:

John Ings

I'm with John Ings - the fuel is probably in terrible shape. The critical issue there is that the injectors are probably plugged nearly solid by deposits.

Try a spray of starter fluid in the air filter, close the filter cover and crank the engine. If it vrooms and sputters out, blame the gas. In that case, you will probably have to pull the injectors and clean them. The dealer would be the most reliable place to get them cleaned, as they will do a no-fooling flow test afterward (if the dealer is any good, anyway.)

Once the injectors are cleaned, replace the fuel filter on general principles and decide what to do with the leftover gasoline. If the tank is less than half full you may elect to add a bottle of injector cleaner and top off the tank with fresh gasoline.

I know this still leaves the question of why the car refused to start soon after you left, but let's start with the basics - all the engine needs to run is fuel/air in reasonable proportion, spark at the right time, and compression (includes valve operation). The fault has to lie there somewhere.

Mike

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

Michael Pardee

I got lucky!! I took the door panel loose and found my problem. The cable had come unplugged from the switch. I plugged the cable back onto the switch and put a tie wrap on it. Windows work fine now.

Thanks for the resp> Today my driver's side power window stopped working. The passenger

Reply to
B.Creech

When the fuel light goes on how many galons do I have left in the tank?

Reply to
Ed Nuxters

Reply to
Devils Advocate

Reply to
Devils Advocate

When the light comes on, go to the gas station, fill your tank and subtract the amount added from the size of your tank capacity :o) On my 2001 3.2 TL the light comes on when I can add 13.6 gallons. The manual says tank capacity is 17.17 gallons leaving about 3.5 gal in my tank when the light comes on. Simple math ? I have heard that it is not good to run out of gas on newer cars. Harm to fuel pump, etc ? Neal

Reply to
Neal Hudson

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than to be good.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Although the starter wouldn't explain the dying.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Hey guys I?ve got a 1990 Integra GS, with 140Ks, and i love this car, but I?m having2 problems:

I start my car to go somewhere, i park, it wight or might not start, everything lights up, i wait sometime 5 minutes, sometime 2 hrs, i?ll put my key in the ognition and voila!, like there was never a problem. But when I?ve been in a rush, if i get a jump start, it?ll start right away. Keep in mind that when i won?t start, everything lights up fine, I know i?ve got battery (or @ least i think so); and when i turn the key, nothing, and i mean nothing happens, not a single noise, is like i don?t have anything under the hood.

2nd Problem: Does anyone know where i can get all my weather strips replaced, i have so many leaks my carpet is starting to look funky, and I?ve discovered MOLD under the passenger seat. I?ve got a major leak behind my dasboard on the passenger side, someone told me could be the A/C vents, is this true?

I?m new here, So thanks in advance.

Reply to
p3dro

My wife drives a 93 that we bought new, now has 250,000 miles on it. It has

*never* been back to the dealer, I have done all the work on it myself.

Personally, I don't know if we will ever get another one, all was fine until about 210,000 miles, then the igniter in the distributor became flakey. I had to spend $100 on the part, and my name ain't Rockefeller.

I have done normal maintainence on it, a few sets of brakes, a few sets of tires, I am about to do the timing belt for the third time. New radiator and hoses two years ago. Both front axles were replaced when the rubber boots dried out and cracked. On the positive side, the first set of brake pads I bought had a lifetime warranty, so all the replacements since then have been free. As well as another front axle which also has a lifetime warranty. Come to think of it, I replaced the exhaust system about 6 years ago with an Acura dealer exhaust, and last summer got a new muffler for free.

The car has it's original starter, alternator, clutch, and the strangest part is that the only light bulbs I have had to replace were the ones in the front side markers. Original headlight and taillight bulbs.

I'll point out again that this car has NEVER had a dealer scheduled service done to it. I have simply followed the maintainence schedule in the owners manual, changed the oil and filter every 3000 miles, and I keep my eyes and ears open.

-David

Reply to
David Teichholtz

"David Teichholtz" wrote in news:CXE7e.6268$Fm5.3100@trndny09:

No you didn't. You neglected it. And badly, too.

Reply to
TeGGer®

Do you hear a click from the viscinity of the starter? If so, your starter might be bad. If not, do you have any kind of alarm installed that has the ability to disable the car? Are you proficient with a multimeter so we could talk you through troubleshooting?

Remco

Reply to
remco

"John Ings" wrote: > On 14 Apr 2005 16:02:52 -0400, LNHAVARD > wrote: > > >:? Me and my dad replaced the timing belt lined everything up > just > >like the book said to and it still will not start I have just > returned > >from overseas after being there for a year and my wife said > the car > >just stopped running and wound not start shortly after I left > it has > >been sitting for over a year. I am getting spark and fuel > rechecked > >the timming marks they are also good but still will not > start. open to > >any and all suggestions? > > If the car has been sitting for a year the fuel may be bad. > Let your > nose tell you. Does it smell like gas or does it have a rank, > varnishy > smell? You may need to drain the fuel rail, fuel filter and > lines as > well as the tank and get some fresh gas in there. > > See also:

The belt did not break but with over 120k miles on it the car was not running good. I have put more fuel in the car and also put some carb cleaner in the gas but still no fire. Fuel did smell varnisy.Pulled injectors and cleaned them with carb cleaner got sa good spray patteren out of them. replaced spark plugs and rechecked the timing. Timing was good but after changing spark plugs I saw that I did not put the wires in the correct firing order :oops:. Fixed that problem and it still will not start it sounds like its wants too but will not catch. :(

Reply to
LNHAVARD

Purge the fuel lines and fuel filter by running 12 volts from the battery back to the fuel pump and removing the plug at the end of the fuel rail. The ECU will not let the fuel pump run for more than a few seconds if the engine isn't running, you have to bypass the main relay. See the website for how that works.

Also if the gas tank was nearly empty for a year, there may be rust from condensation in the tank. This can plug up the little plastic filter at the inlet side of the fuel pump and cause low fuel flow problems. That buck and sneeze 'I'm trying to start' symptom is typical. If possible find a fuel pressure guage and make sure you have clean gas at full pressure in the rail. Just having gas in there won't do it. It has to be up to pressure.

Reply to
John Ings

"whybcuzremove" wrote: > > I start my car to go somewhere, i park, it wight or might > not start, > > everything lights up, i wait sometime 5 minutes, sometime 2 > hrs, i'll > > put my key in the ognition and voila!, like there was never > a problem. > > But when I've been in a rush, if i get a jump start, it'll > start right > > away. Keep in mind that when i won't start, everything > lights up fine, > > I know i've got battery (or @ least i think so); and when i > turn the > > key, nothing, and i mean nothing happens, not a single > noise, is like > > i don't have anything under the hood. > > Do you hear a click from the viscinity of the starter? If so, > your starter > might be bad. > If not, do you have any kind of alarm installed that has the > ability to > disable the car? > Are you proficient with a multimeter so we could talk you > through > troubleshooting? > > Remco

nope no noises at all, like i said, is like i didn?t even have an engine, is the weirdest thing. And no I?m not familiar with that equipment, but my brother might be, he?s always messing around with his Civic, he?s no expert though, so he doesn?t know what the problem is.

But if you guide me on what to do, I?ll get it done, and we can troubleshoot it that way, hopefuly.

Thanks again

Oh!, and no, no alarms or kill switches.

Reply to
p3dro

I'm curious as to why you would say that. I have done all the required maintainence on schedule, changed the oil and filter every 3000 miles, and replaced parts that were worn before they broke. Car has a quarter of a million miles on it, runs like a top, burns no oil. Tracks straight as a arrow, the front end is tight, the car does not have a rattle in it. Gets waxed twice a year. Used genuine Acura parts for many of the repairs, such as the Acura ignition parts and the exhaust. Looks much better than it's 12 years and miles.

The only thing I have *not* done is hand over $450 to the dealer every 7500 miles.

-David

Reply to
David Teichholtz

Yeah, thats what I'll end up doing. I just filled up from a quarter tank and that sparked my curiosity. So I'll say three gallons at

21mpg thats 60 miles. I get some pretty awful gas mileage on this car these days.,... Thay may or may not have to do with my tendency to show off to my friends a bit. (These dumlops don't chirp as well as the factory Michelins)
Reply to
Ed Nuxters

Thanks for the response, James. I would be looking for a first gen Legend, and i'm also considering a Gen II Integra. I'm going back to college in the fall to finish my degree, and wanted a cheap commuter car so I could just tuck my sports car away in the garage.

If your still around, here's a few quick questions for you. I'd be looking for a coupe with a 5-speed and nothing less. I've seen a few like this for sale, but most of them have 175,000 miles plus. Should I be scared of something with high miles like this, or are they pretty robust? That's about all I need to know. I'm looking forward to my first test drive. I owned a 88 Toyota Supra for two years, and I expect it to drive a lot like that car did: powerful, smooth and comfortable.

Reply to
Paddington