92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

Page 12 of 16
clutch cable may be stretched replace it and see if that doesnt help.Ken ASE certified Transmission Tech

ml
do you know anyone lookin for a integra motor 92 low miliage please email me at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
I HAVE A 1988 ACURA LEDGEND, CRANKS GOOD BUT DOES NOT RUN UNTIL I SPRAY STARTER FLUID OR CARB CLEANER IN THE THROTTLE BODY. HELP

need more info...
how many miles? last tune up? changed fuel filter? do you hear the fuel pump priming in key1 position?

LOW MILES, NEW TUNE UP, JUST REPLACED,NEW FILTERS

FUEL PUMP PRIMING

Vernon, did it run well before?
Need to know the mileage.
It could be:
-fuel injectors, clogged or old -main relay -ignitor, infamous to go out on this generation Legend--it would crank but not fire, in the 1-70 chance of running the car would seem normal and can die in the street
With you saying using carb cleaner helping it start, my suspicion would be the injectors or the intake valves sticking. Cant say w/o knowing the mileage. Get a bottle of Chevron Techron Fuel System cleaner for the gas tank...this stuff works bigtime; I got this stuff when I bought a used Yamaha FZR600 with clogged needles...difference was night & day.

Check your fuel shutoff switch (under the steering column) they go bad often.
Dave

I have a Acura TL 3.2 2000. Everytime I turn on the car, the 'SRS' light stays on. Does anyone know what that means?

SRS is shorthand for your airbag(s) ("Supplemental Restraint System"). Something is amiss with the airbag system.
Kenneth wrote:

there was a recall on this...something about the plastic clip in the seatbelt.

Was there a recall on the 200 Honda Accord's (SE)? My mother has the same issue. There was a recent recall for something else that came in the mail recently, but I can't remember what it was for. I think it was for something different. thnx
"rastapasta" <rastapasta at ev1 dot net> wrote in message

lol ---- well, make that a '2000' Honda Accord SE.
Where's the best place I could purchase a decent '97-'99 Acura that could then be transported to Puerto Rico? Any websites you recommend? My budget for the whole thing (including shipping) is about $10K.
Thanks.
I don't know any specifics about where you are or shipping to PR, but generally used cars are about as cheap here in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada as they are anywhere and it is a port city from which vehicles are shipped to many destinations worldwide and to which cars shipped from, again, many countries and subsequently distributed throughout Canada. MZ

Hi,
I am buysing this car used, with 75kilometer (not miles) and it has had oil changes every 6-7000 km. SHouldn't it be every 4000?
PS. It is regular oil and NOT systhetic.
I looked at the oil stick and the oil was black. Is it burning oil
Please advise

Not unless it has been driven in severe conditions. Every 7500 is the normal conditions change interval.

Oil is supposed to get black. Is there a maintenance history for the car? Of more concern than the oil is the timing belt. Has it been changed? It doesn't need changing on the basis of milage, being due at 144,000 km, but it is overdue on time (6 years) if it hasn't been changed.
See: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#interference

All the oil change history for every 6-7 k is there. But the timing belt hasn't been replaced. How much is the cost of that approximately in CDN dollar?
The engine was clean, but I saw some sand/yellow things in the engine. Is this normal. BTW: carfax shows clean history.
Thanks for your input.

Oh, $200-300 or so, plus tax. More if you go to the dealer.
Hondas are interference engines. Skip changing the belt, and it can result in a thousand dollars of work.

Carfax won't tell you much if anything. Carfax still does not show the fender-bender from three years ago on my VIN.
Where was this "sand/yellow things"? Ran out with the oil? Was it squishy or gritty? It's not normal, but may not be fatal.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Thanks for replying.

So I should get that changed at 6 years, regarding the condition ( i live vancouver BC)?

Just around engine compartment. Looked like they drove in a sandy road.
Does carfax shows major accidents,fraud,VIN modification? How can I check the VIN so it has't been termpered or fake carefully, other than matching the one on the door with the body?
Is there a website that shows how to check for accidents on the body/VIN check etc? I know samarian.com, but any other ones?
Also, how can I check the ABS system?
Thanks