92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

In all likely hood that information was provided by the prior owner but the dealers will discard all that information so as to keep new owners from ever contacting the prior owners. Another reason NOT to do business with dealers for anything other than the direct purchase of a new car. Stay away from their service departments. Someone must pay for the fancy service advisors, car washes & etc. And even then you don't get to talk with the mechanics who do/did the work. I live in the Los Angeles area and there are plenty of independent service shops. Neal

Reply to
Neal Hudson

Surely you knew that comment would draw input. In my opinion dealership service shops are a better bet than independents when you have big trouble. A shop that works only on a limited line of cars is always more intimately familiar with your model than a similarly competent one that works on Fords and Chevys and Kias and Fiats.... That is why we have an alt.autos.acura forum and people here who can tell you what the deal is with your 2003 3.2 TL.

There is a lot to be said for identifying a reputable shop and developing a good service relationship before big problems come along. I've noticed the horror stories of poor diagnoses and pricing that never ends we see in the car newsgroups are at the hands of independents. There are also some great independents out there, too, but be prepared to kiss a lot more frogs finding one than if you select from people who have to satisfy Honda/Acura standards.

Mike (mostly swinging my own wrench for 30 years)

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I believe that my Acura dealer gives me good service at a fair price because a) they want me to keep coming back and b) they want me to buy my next Acura from them.

Reply to
Bruno

Surprisingly, Acura makes THE BEST leather cleaner in a small aerosol can. It comes in a black box along with two other cleaners for glass and plastic. It also comes in a larger pump bottle but I wasn?t impressed. The aerosol can makes the leather soft, slick, and brings out the leather smell. The cracks in the grain leather also smooth out. The pump version didn?t seem to perform as well. The black box kit sells for about $10 and has a black NSX on the front cover. The can has enough cleaner to generously clean the seats for about 2.5 cleanings.

Reply to
RSX-SnKCMO

"hlshadow" wrote: > Hi all - > > I have an 02 TL-S, purchased at ~20K miles, now at 64K miles. > When I bought > the car (CarMax), the rotors needed to be resurfaced - done by > CarMax. I > had them turned again at ~30K miles by the dealer, then all 4 > rotors and > pads replaced by Acura for free under a Service Bulletin at > ~40K miles (the > bulletin was for the pads - and included new pads and rotors - > WOOT!). I > had these turned again at ~50K, right before the warranty > expired. At 60K, > they needed it again, so I took it back to the dealer hoping > they would > resolve this once and for all as this is an "ongoing" problem > - no dice. > The dealer was sympathetic, and forwarded the request to > Corporate Acura who > told me over the phone after a 3 day wait that they will not > warranty rotors > outside of the 50K coverage, period. So I waited a few > months, and just had > them turned again with the purchase of new tires at 64K. That > is FIVE times > in ~44K miles (20, 30, 40, 50, 64). > > I really don't have a problem with the 50K issue as I know > this is > considered a "wear item", and the pads are wearing evenly - so > I don't > believe this is an issue with the calipers (but looking for > guidance). Is > there anything outside of my driving style that could explain > the problems I > am having with these? This was my last "turn" on this set > before they need > to be replaced again (in 10K miles), and I will likely go with > slotted or > drilled for my next set to hopefully alleviate the problem. > I'm 35 years > old and drive around most of the time with a 2 year old in the > back seat - I > don't think I would really consider myself an aggressive > driver. My > previous cars were a '91 Integra, '87 200SX, '88 Legend, and > '99 Honda > Accord......I never had this type of problem with any of > these. I also > know the TLS has oversized rotors compared to the regular TL > anyway, and I > would expect a longer life from these things - everyone I talk > to (including > the dealer) says this is not normal, but say everything else > looks OK and > the brakes seem to stop just fine - no pulling, etc., when > braking. > > Any ideas ? > > Thanks! > > - Mike

If the dealer does not install a generous amount of brake grease on the slider pins, the pads could be staying clenched against the rotor causing abnormal wear rates.

Reply to
RSX-SnKCMO

What are the miles? Auto or Manual?

If Auto, have you checked to see if it is low on fluid? If Man, it probably indicates the clutch is slipping and needs replaced.

RSX-SnKCMO

Looking for recommendations for tires for my '93 Legend sedan.

I had been using Michelens (sp?) but I am through with them after my last couple of experiences. I live in a hilly area with bad roads so I know my tires will wear more quickly than in a nice flat areas, but going through tires every 20-25K is enough, especially when they are running about $90 a tire.

Looking for something that will not wear as quickly, but will still give decent handling and traction. Low noise tires are not needed since the roads are noisy that the tires won't really make any difference.

Has anyone used Kelly-Springfield or Kuomo tires on their legend? Or any of the Goodyear tires?

Thanks

Reply to
oskiller

"RSX-SnKCMO" wrote: > [quote:1281f81502="Trasky"]When accelerating out of a turn or > just plain accelerating up a hill the car will suddenly rev up > to 4000 without any increase in speed and will then change > gears. It's quite akward and was wondering if anyone had any > advice.[/quote:1281f81502] > > What are the miles? > Auto or Manual? > > If Auto, have you checked to see if it is low on fluid? > If Man, it probably indicates the clutch is slipping and needs > replaced.

It?s an automatic. The transmission fluid isn?t low. It?s weird because when I reset the ecu fuse everything works fine for a couple of days, but then it?ll just revert back to its original crappy shifting. I was thinking maybe there?s a bad sensor on the engine giving the transmission wrong information. I really don?t know much about cars.

Reply to
Trasky

Changed fuel filter,fuel pump and had the injectors cleaned still no help... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
deaddog5

I have Goodyear TripleTred on my '01 TL. These tire are smooth, quiet, responsive, have solid cornering, tread water, and apparently will last to 80K.

Reply to
Bruno

I really like the Kuhmo's I got from tirerack.com on my '90 Legend sedan. They are a great value.

dan

oskiller wrote:

Reply to
dan

I have seen several Integras that had bad distributor cap/rotors with that same complaint.

David Short Acura God

Reply to
Acura God

The new tl,s with nav, now come with michelins. Anyone know which ones? Are they any good?

Much appreciated

Reply to
j.lef

I am looking to buy 2005 RSX with leather and auto. Dealer is looking for $200 over invoice about $20,900. Anybody have experience with the car, issues, comments. What about the pricing? That sounds good to me. Anyone do better? Thanks in advance for your reply Joe

Reply to
Joe

Reply to
<djmcreynolds1

Reply to
<djmcreynolds1

I have a base 5 sp with leather, 2004. Not a type-S. It is an excellent car. The only minor problem I had was with the stock radio; the reception is not stellar. The CD is fine. Apparently, changing it will make little difference because the antenna is in the rear window, and this is what makes the reception poor. It has all the nice touches that I like, such as power windows, doors, mirors, heated mirrors and seats, cruise, etc...

As a rule, I always try to have the dealer through in a few goodies, like the rust protection, moonroof visor, car bra, or free oil changes. Try that because they always oblige.

The car is rock solid, smooth, albeit rides harsher than my 91 teg. It is a little noisier than I expected. I am planning to sound dampening it this summer with dynamat. It has better grip and cornering abilities than my 91 teg, but the Michelin tires are crap and aquaplan a lot! If I had the money, I would change them. It accelaration much better than many other small cars, even for a 160 HP. It has a lot of low and medium range torque. I have tried the type-S, but for the 5K more (CND), the premium gas it takes, and the higher, *much* higher insurance, I decided against the type-S and I do not regret it: I do not race and am not a ricer. The type S has had a grind problem with the second to third gear. Because of this, it made it in the 2005 lemon list, only for this, mind you:

It is a recommended car by CR,

Reply to
Frank

no check engine light but will look into the the dist/cap thing maybe that is the problem will get back to you with results... thanks for your input.

Reply to
deaddog5

Reply to
B.Creech

Depends on your age, where you live, etc... I am 37, 3 kids, no accident. I live in Ottawa, Ontario Canada. For me, it was only approx. $500 more per year. I pay only $600 per year now for a base, CND, with replacement value, low deductible, etc... I am lucky.

But I have heard that at around 20-25, with no accidents, insurance for a type s can be more than 3k per year, and more. Check out

and there are a lot of treads on this issue:

Frank