92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

Are there any Greddy SS headers made for a 2001 Acura Integra GS (non-vtec)? All I've seen is ones for '94-'99.

thanks.

Reply to
Darren

jim beam

Reply to
Chris

tegger, while it can work, i'd be cautious about the phrase "simple to fix this by simply remelting ("reflowing") the solder" in the badmainrelay page.

i say this because i wanted to be quick & lazy a couple of weeks ago & for whatever reason, [some form of internal corrosion i suspect] this method just wasn't going according to plan. i ended up cleaning the joints with solder wick & starting over - the only way i could get the "dry" joints to look like they'd taken properly.

Reply to
jim beam

I was trying to replace the bulb on my RSX, but I couldn't get the clip back on. Anyone know where there's a diagram or instructions on this?

Reply to
Bucky

I am planning on swapping summer and winter tires on the same set of rims, twice a year. Is it true that it's hard on the tires to do that, and that I can end up with slow leak?

Reply to
Bruno

Sounds like an awful lot of work dismounting, mounting and rebalancing twice a year just to avoid buying a set of steel wheels for the snow tires.

Reply to
Natman

"Bucky" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

Define "clip".

1) The power connector? 2) The round ring with the big hole in the middle?
Reply to
TeGGer®

Bruno wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Nope. If anything, you'll get LESS of a chance of a leak because the bead seal is always fresh. And you'll have better balanced tires, too.

I used to do just that until cheap used rims became commonplace for my car.

It *is* true that the rubber on the tire's edge will develop minor chipping, but I have never seen this cause leakage.

Reply to
TeGGer®

I bought high performance winter tires. I don't want to run them on crappy rims. Kinda defeats the purpose. I was going to buy an extra set of alloy rims but, for that much money, I got a complete bedroom set instead ;-)

Reply to
Bruno

Reply to
Michael Scheer

"Darren" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Why wouldn't a '99 header fit on a '01? They are the same motor,both OBDII,same body. E-mail Greddy and ask them.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Agreed. But I said winter tires, not snow tires. A good portion of my winter driving occurs on pavement. So I chose a winter tire that had good dry/wet handling, noise levels and comfort, that handled snow pretty well, and that wasn't manufactured by Michelin.

Reply to
Bruno

I just got a response from them....."Thanks for your interest in our products. Sorry, but our headers only go up to the 99 models for that application. We do not have plans to make one for the 01 at this time. Thanks for your email."

Weird huh? Is there a brand of header that is comparable to Greddy in quality and price I can use?

Darren

Reply to
Darren

Hello all,

Looking for some feedback regarding a recent incident with my 87 legend.

Having been left idling with the stereo running, and the headlights on for approximately 45 minutes in approx -10 Celcius weather, the headlights seemed dim from the outside as I approached, and when I got in, the interior lights would not work. When I put the vehicle (Automatic Tranny) into reverse the engine sputtered, and then to my surprise died. To my embarassment this happened while I was shopping for a new car, but fortunately the dealer offered a boost which caused the motor to start promptly and purr like a kitten again. On the drive home everything seemed to be working as normal. When I got home, I shut the car off, waited a few moments, and attempted to restart the car. It started NO PROBLEM. I did notice however that the Idle is a little slower than I thought it should be (according to the tach it seems to be about 500-700 ish RPM, needle about half way up to the 1). Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought these things needed to idle about 800 RPM??

SO, I'm wondering if the seemingly low idle could be creating insufficient charge to maintain the battery while idling??? Other thoughts are toasted alternator, toasted battery, or something of that nature.... Any input, thoughts or advide would be appreciated if it can help prevent this occurance in the future.

Thanks in advance. (sorry 'bout the longish post....) Noland

Reply to
Noland

With headlights (or DRLs) on, and a battery that's how old?

Don't leave it idling for long periods with the headlights on in cold weather unless you're sure of your battery.

The days of ammeters in cars are long past, which is a pity, because an ammeter would have shown you right away that your headlights couldn't find enough current coming from your alternator and were sipping from the battery. Maybe your idle is a little low, maybe your alternator belt was slipping a bit. Was the heater on too?

I think you were just asking too much of the system.

Reply to
John Ings

"Darren" wrote in news:pIGdnewHxeUBq9 snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

they probably made the products when the last model offered was the 99,and never updated,and now the Integras are well out of production.

I looked at a JC Whitney Sport Compact catalog,and the DC Headers offerings list a 94-01 Integra GS,RS,LS header,and list one for a 94-99 GSR (stainless $429.95 or ceramic coated $349.95),2 piece headers.

1 piece headers list only for GSR or Type R

Then the Arospeed offerings list headers for 94-01 GS,RS,LS and a 94-99 GSR. (chrome-plated,no stainless.)

The Airmass offerings list 94-00 GSR and 94-00 exc GSR.Ceramic coated.

I still think what fits on a 99 Integra will fit on a 01.

Or you could ask a decent speed shop,they might know.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

There are lots of great statistics at the Government CAFE web site. Lots of compiled data on cars going back to 1977 (and some even older.) One interesting trend tracked is the percentage of automobiles with automatic transmissions.

In 1977, 84.1% of all new cars had AT. Under pressure of demands for improved fuel economy and increasing consumer preference for import cars, that number dropped to 75.0% in 1987. Then imports went upscale, ATs became more sophisticated and fuel got cheap. By 2002,

88.5% of new cars had only two pedals and the imminent demise of the manual transmission was widely predicted.

Then something funny happened. There were rumors of rebellion in the ranks and increased reports of drivers demanding control of the gear ratios. In 2003, the percentage of cars sold with automatics dropped precipitously to 82.4%. The CAFE site is now reporting a further drop in 2004 with the lowest percentage of AT's since 1991, 79.6%. That means that the number of cars sold with manual transmissions increased

77% in only two years and a clutch is now found in one of every five new cars.

In terms of sales, this trend actually surpasses the much touted return of rear wheel drive and the movement is broad based. While keeping in mind that the politics of fuel economy can skew the definitions pretty badly, the trend is apparent in domestics, Asian and European imports. All are selling manual transmissions at levels that haven't been seen in a decade. Almost half of all European cars are now shifters, the highest rate since 1988.

Will this be a long lasting trend or a brief flash? It is still too early to tell but it certainly shows that the old MT is going to be harder to kill than it once appeared. The auto companies have now learned that there is a solid base of buyers who prefer to shift for themselves and the increased availability of this option is sure to follow.

Gordon McGrew

Right after dealer replaced first transmission I had to open windows because of the smoke coming from vent. I brought my car back they looked at it and said that it was defective gasket on the new transmission. Next day I was driving from work and I felt smell of burning oil. Brought car back to the dealer they asked me to leave car in the shop for the day. They called me and said that second ( brand new) transmission was defective and they had to replace it again. Oil was liking on exhaust and burning. They call Acura tech support and reconfirmed that transmission had manufacture defect. I agree that every car has one problem or another but transmission problem can cause serious accident. You can read on Acura forum that people had accidents because of the transmission. Acura is fully aware of the problem and will replace transmission if it breaks but I don't want to wait till it breaks when I am driving 70 miles. Dealer reconfirmed that a lot of cars had the same problem and new transmission will probably have the same defect. Thanks, Bob

"Rob" wrote in message news:fl50e.12940$jt6.1521@trndny07...

Reply to
Bob