92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

Page 9 of 16
Larry J. wrote:

Pretty annoying, isn't it? I would pay extra for premium cloth seats. I heard someone say it was possible to special order a BMW with cloth seaths (a common option in Europe, or so I've been told), but it almost requires talking directly to the factory.
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 02:14:09 GMT, Bryan Oakley wrote:

It would still be a BMW, though.
--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me
than a frontal lobotomy.

What kind of treatment, if any have you done to it? It really should not wear that quickly, but if you get it fixed, I would use some mink oil or other treatment to keep it looking new. The leather on my '97 Integra still looks good, but I treat it regularly to keep it clean and pliable. Posted by the Rubber Dino.
Get new seat cover at dealer covered under warrenttee 4/48

Be careful, it is bad idea to use seat cover in a car with side air bags. Read the warning label of side airbags and side curtain air bags.

months old with 800 miles on it, they didn't have much they could say.
As far as treating the leather, the car is new and I haven't even thought of that yet. I time I will.
I actually like the leather seats. But, each to his/her own tastes and comforts.
I have a 97 Integra LS 4 dr that is leaking water. I did a water test around the moonroof and water poured in through the headliner over the back seat. I adjusted the moonroof and that seems to be fixed. There was also water in the trunk which was caused by the overflow tube being disconnected. Now the right rear passenger floor has a lot of water on it and I cant figure out where its coming from. The carpet on the sides is dry and it isnt leaking from above. The car is parked facing a slight uphill and the water is building up around the right rear front seat mounting bracket where there is a depression. Is there a way for water to run down the door pillar and come in here or is there a drain in this area. Help!!!!!!!!!

Check to see if the rubber drain plug in the floor has become dislodged (check underneath the car).
If that's OK, it might be residual from the trunk leak.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
"tegger5" wrote:
> [...]
Heres what I did. Removed the moonroof. Turned water hose on real low and set it right on the track. Water coming out of the rear hose, water running down the front pillar onto the floor and then into the back floor. Removed the visor and hand grip, pulled the headliner down to find the drain hose was dis-connected. Same story on the left side.
Success after all!(:lol:)
strange day... returned to parking lot to find my brake lights on, but no one in the car. never had this problem before. eventually pulled out all the fuses, one by one, so as not to wear battery out overnight. oddly, the brake lights stayed on through all fuse pulls. had to disconnect the battery for overnight... is this problem due to a short?
any thoughts, k
On 3/29/05 11:41 AM, in article 1_513899 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com, "k-maui"

Probably due to failure of the switch that activates them when you push the brake pedal. You should have found the fuse though. Did you check all the fuse boxes, or just the one under the dash?
"user1386" wrote: > On 3/29/05 11:41 AM, in article > 1_513899 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com, > "k-maui"
> > > strange day... > > returned to parking lot to find my brake lights on, but no > one in the > > car. > > never had this problem before. > > eventually pulled out all the fuses, one by one, so as not > to wear > > battery out overnight. > > oddly, the brake lights stayed on through all fuse pulls. > > had to disconnect the battery for overnight... > > is this problem due to a short? > > > > any thoughts, > > k > > Probably due to failure of the switch that activates them when > you push the > brake pedal. You should have found the fuse though. Did you > check all the > fuse boxes, or just the one under the dash?
thanks for the reply....and pardon my ignorance....but, where would there be another fuse center/box? am much better with guitars than cars...
is the switch you mentioned, the one that is connected to the brakes, easily accessible?
mahalo/thanks k
On 3/29/05 6:38 PM, in article 1_514430 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com, "k-maui"

There are usually one or more under the hood. Look around the top edged of the fenders and in the back of the engine compartment.

Follow up the shaft up from the brake pedal pad. You should find a switch with a button that contacts the shaft and releases when the pedal is pressed. It might have become dislodged or failed, or the spring that pops the pedal back up when you release it might have stretched out so that the pedal doesn't fully return (the brake lights come on when the button is released and go off when it is pressed by the pedal returning).

YOUR FLUID IS LOW!
Check the master cylinder under the hood.
Also check the brake pads. They're surely worn thin.
--
TeGGeR?

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Eh, sorry. Misread: BRAKE LIGHTS on, not dashboard light.
Brake light switch at pedal is stuck. Unplug to confirm.
Fuses that control this are #30 and #37 under hood on right shock tower. (Pull 37 first).
--

"tegger5" wrote:
> [...]
this is a great place thanks for the knowledgeable responses you guys were right...the switch had dislodged fixed seemingly easily.
you know..i had no idea there was a fuse box under the hood..this also led me to the fuse concerning the passive restraints (the driver side conked out a while ago..i kind of gave up on it, and got used to doing it manaually.
thanks much for the help and advice mahalo k

Hey, any time.
I was in Hawaii with Mom and sister in 1985. Drove a moped around Oahu twice. Also took a guided tour of the Big Island.
There was a guy in the west end of Honolulu renting a Ferrari 308 for $200 per day. I wanted to rent it but my sister refused to go halfers, so it never happened. We rented a Jeep instead. Too bad.
Mom and sis went back again in 1987. Rented a Volkswagen Cabrio. Went to Maui.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
I have a 1994 Acura Legend. I went away for about six months and the battery is dead. Every time I try to charge the battery the alarm system goes off. I can't get it to stop and it will not allow the car to start. What do I need to do to deactivate the alarm and get the battery charged to start the car.

Worth a try: disconnect the battery and completely charge it. Reconnect the battery - the alarm will go off but you should be able to turn it off with the unlock button. Trying to charge the battery with the alarm connected may bring the alarm system up through voltage inputs that it isn't ready to deal with.
Mike
My 94 Legend had alarm issues. After parking the car the alarm would sometimes randomly go off while parked in the garage. According to my mechanic the actuators in the doors caused the problem. Apparently it is fairly easy to deactivate them, I think it can even be done with duct tape, but I never bothered since it only happened on occasion.
Hope this helps.