92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

Page 10 of 16
While the alarm is going off unlock the passengers door. This should disable it.
David Short Acura God

Jim Yanik
jyanik
Acura offered a factory alarm (security system) in 1988. My 89 legends both have it (it wasn't an option on L and LS) No keyless entry until 1991, I believe. Unlocking a door with a key disables the alarm.

Jim Yanik
jyanik

My '84 Nissan 300ZX with factory alarm would alarm if the driver's door (or any door) was opened without the driver's door being unlocked with the key. Unlocking it from inside would not disable the alarm.
Mike
found two strange switches under my dash one is a small red push botton one is a 2 way toggle
any ideas as to what these are.
i think my car (purchased used) had/has an alarm system...are these a part?
thanks k
Do you have remote start? The toggle could be a disable for that. MZ

http://www.autoforumz.com/Acura-1991-integra-RS-strange-switches-dash-ftopict109867.html

Not factory, that's 100% for sure.

Could be. Honda never put them there.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
"tegger5" wrote:
> [...]
thanks for the responses
thanks for clarifying that its not a honda/acura factory option no...do not have remote start, it must be part of the alarm system. i will reconnect the alarm just to see what the deal is..fortunately..havent needed the alarm much...i hope to remain so lucky
thanks again
aloha from maui k
Just picked up a new TL and started using the Hands Free Link with a Nextel Blackberry, but I am hearing my voice echo when making cell calls. Person on the other end of the calls hears the same. Very annoying, sounds better on a Bluetooth headset. Any ideas?
hikers '05 TL '96 TL

haven't used the Blue Tooth feature enough to see if it does it there as well.
Just so y'know...
tegger.com may be down for a while I change providers.
All ought to be stabilized by April 4th latest.
Gonna miss hosting it in my basement... :(
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
TeGGer wrote:

Hope you won't be spending more than $4/month on hosting it... ;-)

$12 bucks Cdn. But I've got domain email pointing for two domain names in there too.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
TeGGer wrote:

Might want to check out http://www.1and1.com/?k_idq88713 -- currently $5 USD ($6 Cdn) for their Linux Home package, which I'm using (was wrong about the $4). Manage unlimited domains (I've got 4 running right now), 1GB disk space, 25GB data transfer, 200 POP/IMAP accounts with virus protection and spam filtering if you want it, an alternate SMTP port to beat ISP port 25 restrictions, etc.
Potential drawbacks are just a single FTP account and no CGI (Perl, Python, PHP), MySQL, or SSH unless you get the Business package for $10 USD ($12 Cdn). They've proven to be pretty damned reliable for me so far--been using them for a year and haven't noticed a single outage.
In the interest of full disclosure, using the link above to order may give me a small kickback (if you stick with the service). I don't suggest products/services I'm not happy with, however.
i have a 93 acura integra gs stick shift... when i try to turn the car on either it cranks but doesnt turn over or i turn the key n it doesnt crank ( like im not holdin down the clutch...)i cant figure out what it is....

1) How many miles? 2) Does it EVER start? 3) When you say "cranks but doesn't turn over", do you actually mean a) "engine turns but won't fire"? Or b) "starter spins but the engine doesn't turn"?
Please be careful with the language you use. Words and phrases have definitions, and your usage must adhere to what people think those words mean.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
it might be your..
1. main relay (~$50) 2. ignitor (~$190)
But there may be other probs too. These 2 I have heard from other people before. If you check some owner based forums, you might be able to coorelate more symptoms.
hth

do you know anyone lookin for a integra motor 92 low miliage please email me at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
My 99 Plymouth Voyager started having problems the other day with the transmission (or I think it's the transmission) It drove fine until it should have gone into 3rd gear but stayed in 2nd the whole ride. the MPH needle stayed on zero although I was doing about 25 MPH. But when it did shift from 1st to 2nd the mph needle on the dash, zipped from zero to 120 (the max on the dash) then back to zero again, although the engine didnt do anything other than switch to 2nd gear. Also, I had about 3/4 of a tank of gas and the needle started reading that it was full. My friend says its a selenoid sensor but my mechanic, who agrees its the selenoid sensor, says to get to those sensors, he has to open up the transmission, b/c those sensors are inside the transmission. I've never heard of anything electrical, such as sensors, being inside of a transmission so I am hesitant to have my mechanic do the job just yet until I hear from anyone out there that might know a little more about this or have some experience with this situation. the job will be quite expensive so if anyone has any advice on what I can do, please let me know. I appreciate any help offered. The engine is a 3.3 litre, V6, transmission is automatic.