92 legend died while driving?

please help. My 92 legend while idleing sometimes would idle up and down then it would run good. It would also stall when idleing at a light sumtimes. It would start up but stall right away unless i kept my foot on the gas to make sure it idle a little higher. car always ran good. Then one day while driving it just stalled and died. it will turn over but wont start? sensor?? timing chain?? please help

Reply to
siobri

"siobri" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

If the timing chain or belt broke,the cranking sound/speed will sound radically different(any engine).Much faster than with an intact timing belt or chain,because the valve train and cams are no longer being spun and valves are open,thus less of a load on the starter.

You need to check the ignition system;distrubutor,igniter,plug wires. See if you are getting a good,healthy spark.I would suspect the igniter;it's a common Honda/Acura failure. Tegger's website has lots of good stiff on igniters!(but I don't have the URL at hand,but Google will find it.)

Reply to
Jim Yanik