92 Vigor Wipers

The intermittent feature of my wipers, along with the set belt chime suddenly went away. Both functions are integral with the underdash ICU, terminal H. The manual indicates to test for good ground at the "H"
pinout of the ICU. My questions are; > Should I disconnect the battery prior to removing the ICU? > Even if I don't touch the 'yellow' wiring, can the SRS system be affected by pulling out the ICU? What does the (G401, G402) refer to, in the 3rd column of the troubleshooting guide?
thanks (god)
On 4/20/05 1:53 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, "Johann

G104 and G402 are ground connections. Search some more in the book and you should find a picture of where they actually connect to the car frame. The ground wires usually end in an eyelet that screwed into the car body. Take those screws out, clean up the connection and put them back and you will usually fix any ground problems.
But first ... I assume you have already checked the related fuses before ripping out the ICU?