?93 Legend Ls Coupe 6-speed possessed?

I own a 1993 Acura Legend Ls Coupe with the 6-spd manual trans. I am currently having a few "issues" and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on them for me.

1) When the car is idling there is a really foul smell that enters the interior of the car. It is not a gas smell, but almost like a burning or melting of something that shouldn?t be melted??

2) The temp. gauge seemingly randomly swings between the half way point and "H". It seems to run hot at lower speeds or when Idling.

3) The heat will randomly go between really hot and cool. Note: I am in minnesota so the outside air temp is cool. The heated seats oddly do the same. one minute will be really hot, the next as though they are off.

If it matters at all, I am pretty sure the master cylinder is shot, because the brakes are all but useless and I know it isn?t pads or anything like that. I don?t know if that would have any kind of effect on the problems listed above, but thought I had better mention it. I have considered the fact that the car could possibly just be possessed but decided thats not the case. lol. Any theories anyone could provide would be most appreciated! Thanks

Reply to
DannyOcean

Hi,

My advice is you go to this website:

The site there will answer all of your questions and they have an incredible database for Legend issues, it's run by Acura Legend fanatics.

FYI, the symptoms you describe sounds like a blown head gasket, and that is a serious and costly problem.

Good luck.

Reply to
BR

DannyOcean wrote in news:985730 snipped-for-privacy@0000.com:

Like rubber or plastic?

Check the fluid level in the rad AND in the overflow expansion reservoir. Do this with the engine COLD.

Low fluid will cause this. If the fluid level in the rad is right up the bottom of the rad cap, you most likely have a bad thermostat (aftermarket, no doubt).

Bad electrical conection.

And how do you know that? Is the pedal soft and spongy? Might just be air in the lines or crappy aftermarket brake pads.

Sounds like you may be better off selling this beast and buying something that's had better maintenance performed on it over the years.

Reply to
Tegger