94 integra idle drops when hot

I have a 1994 accura integra and the idle drops when its hot. I adjusted the valves, changed the IAC and plugs. I still have the same problem. Please help.

Reply to
ray

Mine always did that (91) Isn't that normal?

Vlad

Reply to
Vlad

Well the idles drops to around 500 rpms. Idle should be 750 rpms. Any answers?

Reply to
ray

"ray" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

How clean is the throttle body?

Make sure it's clean, then set the base idle correctly:

1) Uplug IAC 2) Drive car until warm (ignore Check Engine light) 3) Turn idle screw until idle is at 650rpm (assuming manual tranny) 4) Plug IAC back in. Idle should stabilze at 750

Is the IAC actually working? When you turn on an high-load accessory (A/C, rear window defroster, etc.) does the idle drop a bit, then go back to where it was? When you turn off the accessory, does the idle climb slightly, then drop back to where it was?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Well when I turn on the rear window defroster the idle stays the same. It didn't drop and come back up. I didn't get to try the a/c, it's not working now. I notice when I'm at a stop and the idle is low if I put in 2nd gear or netural the idle goes back up to around 750 rpm.

Reply to
ray

And the throttle body is very clean.

Reply to
ray

"ray" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Did you adjust the idle as I said?

With the engine full-warm, all accessories off, and the IAC disconnected, it should be 650rpm in neutral.

Reply to
TeGGeR®