94 Legend start-up trouble

Ok, so I have a '94 Acura Legend with 164K miles. At randon times, but always when it's hot outside, my car has trouble starting. I've had the alternator,
battery and starter checked. All are fine. I had a diagnostic test run on it in Sept 06, nothing major was wrong. At that time I also got a tune-up. Please help... why is my car reluctant to start?
Jealje wrote:

Turns, but turns to slowly to catch?
Turns, but doesn't fire?
Turns, tries to start but can't maintain it? Stumbles?
Not nearly enough information to help ya'. Use the above questions as a guide but give a LOT more information about what your problem is.
--
FWIW. The reply to address is good, but I don't
check it unless I am expecting something. SOOOO,
Kevin wrote:

sounds like the Main relay,a very common problem with Honda products. I don't know where it's located on the Legend,my Integra has it under the dash on the drivers side.It runs the fuel pump. solder joints in the relay geet cracks and intermittent.
symptoms are;cranks and briefly starts,but dies and then cranks without starting,then after 15-20 minutes,the car starts and runs normal. gets worse in hot weather.
www.tegger.com has info on this,how to resolder the relay instead of buying a new one for $50 or more,if you have those skills.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

Mine has lasted at least 6 yrs. in hot central Florida.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jealje via CarKB.com wrote:

---------------------------
A resoldered relay will probably last longer than the original. The factory solder was very thin.
Search google to find the 'smack the dash' solution so you wont' find yourself stranded until you get it resoldered.
'Curly'
I had a similar starting problem on my 1993 Legend, and it was the Main Relay, I found one on eBay for $35. It is located on the left side of the stearing column, remove the panel, unscrew two bolts, unhook and replace... That's it !!!
Then watch her purr again...
Oh BTW I have 170k on mine, my wife drives it and she refuses to drive anything else, including my 99 Lexus LS... :-)
Darren

aside from removal/replacement,it only took me 10 minutes to resolder it,and SAVE the cost of a new relay,which still can fail the same way as the old one.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I take it you are not a solderer...

Can you afford me? ;-)
If you kept the old relay,you could resolder it and keep it for a spare in case the new one fails.
BTW,If you're a "Lexus lover",why do you have a Acura Legend? 8-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik