94 rs tegra lights

Hello all, The daytime running lights stopped working on me. I have looked for fuses and even checked the plug on the e brake. I know it comes on after it is off. Any thoughts? Kinda driving me nuts! Thanks.

Reply to
Jay

"Jay" wrote in news:yVJ9i.10214$vT6.7521@edtnps90:

Low-cut relay or the DRL module.

Too lazy to actually check right now, but I don't think the 'Teg has a low- cut relay.

Reply to
Tegger

So Teg where bouts is it?

Reply to
Jay

"Jay" wrote in news:8w2ai.8646$nx3.5187 @edtnps89:

Aw, y'made me do some work.

I'm looking at the service manual right now, which is a PDF document. I cannot extract pages from this thing, so I can't just post the pages for you.

First: Check fuses 16 and 17 in the under-dash fuse box. These are in the upper row, 6th and 7th from the extreme left.

Has the car ever been in a frontal collision?

Did the problem just start out of the blue? Or immediately after something was done to the car?

Do the high-beams work when operated directly from the steering column switch? Try both the regular high beams and pulling back on the headlamp lever.

When you put the parking brake on, does the red dashboard brake lamp light up but go off again once you put the brake off?

-----

The DRL module is under the driver's dash fairly close to the under-dash fuse box. You have to remove the lower cover and knee bolster to see it. It's small and plastic, bolted up against another, bigger and flatter unit.

It's hard to tell from the diagram if the module is up against the left side kick panel or if it's beside the fuse block.

From the service manual's description, the connectors are part of the SRS system, meaning they're wrapped in yellow tape. If that's the case, you need to short the "short connectors" for the SRS system before disconneting the DRL connectors. If the DRL module's connectors are NOT wrapped in yellow tape, you can just unplug them.

From my experience, it's often the module that fails. You can get another one cheap from the wreckers and subtitute that for the original, see if that works.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger Ur da man! I can't belive it was the "FUSE" I am such a tard! I should know better. I thought I checked all the fuses and it turned out I missed the running lights one. Guess I had "RUNNING" light in my head as parking light. I know control your laughter. Anyways thanks for the tips it came out all right in the end! I now have running lights again! Jay

Reply to
Jay

"Jay" wrote in news:Dulai.12891$kY6.6377@edtnps82:

Well there ya go.