'95 Integra - Check Brake Fluid

Hi,

Where is the fill bolt for a '95 Integra 5 sp manual? The manual's diagram isn't too helpful. Is it accessible from under the hood?

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary Brown

"Gary Brown" wrote in news:HVWri.58$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe03.lga:

Yes.

what "fill BOLT"??

you fill the brake fluid reservoir that's on top of the brake master cylinder,that's mounted on the brake vacuum booster on the firewall.(directly over where your brake pedal is) The reservoir has a grey plastic cap with wires on it that sense a low fluid level and light a light on your instrument panel. there are lines on the outside of the reservoir to show min and max fluid levels.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"Gary Brown" wrote in news:HVWri.58$sM.35 @newsfe03.lga:

Subject line and body of message do not match. I will assume opposite of Jim Yanik and assume you mean the tranny.

The fill bolt is on the tranny casing vertical face that faces the right wheel under the car.

The drain bolt is the round-headed 3/8" square drive one at the bottom. The fill bolt (19mm hex) is immediately above that. Use a pick to scrape the dirt out of the square drive to ensure the ratchet seats properly. you don't want to round this one off.

You must be under the car to drain and fill, and the car MUST be level. From an auto supply place, get one of those plastic bottle pumps that attaches to the cap of a gallon bottle. You use that to pump the new oil into the tranny. Stick the end of the pump into the quart bottle of Honda MTF and use both hands to hold and pump.

Put an oil drain pan under the bottle you're pumping from. You WILL dribble while pumping.

Reply to
Tegger

------------------------------

If it _is_ the brake fluid that's low, top up the one for the clutch while you're under the hood. Save yourself a lot of grief later.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Sadly, it is no longer an issue. My daughter totled the car last week. $9000+ damage on a car worth $4000.

The brakes were fine - she left some nice skid marks. Drivers on rt 9 near Boston are another matter.

That was painful. I loved that car despite the color (white), dents, scrapes, and advancing rust. Both fun to drive and utilitarian.

I replaced it with a 2005 RSX, Vivid Blue Pearl.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Brown