96 integra, locked in gear - NEED HELP PLEASE!!

Hi guys,
I recently got a 96 integra as a gift and after driving it for 2 months I noticed the gears were getting heavy, I was kind of forcing the gears to get the car going. After a while the gears didn’t shift
at all so I sent it to the mechanic, he said that the problem was the clutch, so I bought a new clutch and flywheel. My mechanic installed them and the car was ok to the drive home. since this is a car that I am trying to fix little by little it was kept on my garage (I drive a mustang until my lease expires). today i took it out for a spin and the friggin car has the same problem. I drove for like 5 minutes and the gears started to get heavier and heavier until it got stuck again (in neutral). I am really upset, can anybody give me an idea of the problem I am facing??, I appreciate your time and help.
Thank you again
Pajero07424
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
âś–

Most likely the clutch master and/or slave cylinder is leaking.

Now what does "pajero" mean in Spanish...?
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
"pajero07424" wrote: > Hi guys, > > My cousing introduced me to this great forum, congrats for all > the help you give to the car "aficionados". > Unfortunatelly my first post is not to help but to get help. > I recently got a 96 integra as a gift and after driving it for > 2 months I noticed the gears were getting heavy, I was kind of > forcing the gears to get the car going. After a while the > gears didn't shift at all so I sent it to the mechanic, he > said that the problem was the clutch, so I bought a new clutch > and flywheel. My mechanic installed them and the car was ok to > the drive home. since this is a car that I am trying to fix > little by little it was kept on my garage (I drive a mustang > until my lease expires). today i took it out for a spin and > the friggin car has the same problem. I drove for like 5 > minutes and the gears started to get heavier and heavier until > it got stuck again (in neutral). I am really upset, can > anybody give me an idea of the problem I am facing??, I > appreciate your time and help. > > Thank you again > > Pajero07424 > > :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Anyone???, please I am really in need of help.
Thanks
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Add pictures here
âś–
On 6/24/05 8:36 PM, in article 1_614274 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com, "pajero07424"

Either the master clutch cylinder or the slave cylinder is leaking or failed. Check the fluid level in the master clutch cylinder and if it is low, then this is your problem (one of the two cylinders is bad).
If this is the first time you have driven it since the clutch was replaced, I suspect this was the problem all along (bad hydraulic cylinder) and you paid for a clutch that maybe you didn't need.
[...]
Thank you guys, actually the master cylinder was also replaced when the clutch and fywheel was installed so I do not think this is it. I also check the level of the fluid and it’s on the right level.
Any other thoughts?
Thanks.
Pajero07424
teGGy: Pajero was a model of Mitsubishi, however in my country Pajero means "Wanker" LMAO. :wink:
Add pictures here
âś–

That tells you nothing. What was the old MC replaced with? A used one or a good-quality rebuilt one?
Also, as has been already pointed out, what kind of oil is in there? The wrong oil will result in considerable difficulty in changing gear. DRain and refill with Honda MTL, or failing that, use ordinary 10W-30 engine oil.

Yeah, LOL, that's why I asked that question. Why on earth would Mitsu name a car "pajero" for a Spanish market? It's worse than GM selling a car called the "No va".
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

Both of my GSRs had transmission problems. The one that had a tough time getting into first gear had syncro problem. Also for some reason the after market transmission oil didn't work well and after switching back to Honda/Acura oil it shifted smoothly.
Add pictures here
âś–