96 TL ABS Accumulator?

Independent shop replaced 96 TL master cylinder a few weeks ago but brakes seemed to be less "firm" than before the problem arose (pedal to
the floor). Now the ABS light comes on and the mechanic says that the codes say the accumulator is at fault. Acura dealer says he has never sold an accumulator ($1200).
Has anyone had to replace an accumulator on an Acura product?
On 10/27/05 11:03 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com, "Buford

They routinely failed in the Hondas of that vintage. I've never met anyone who bought one though. The $1200 price tag serves to remind one that ABS is an option, not a necessity.
I think I would check that the brakes (and the ABS reservoir) have been properly bled first before buying ABS parts. If this all started after replacing the master cylinder and the pedal is not firm after the job, I think there is a good chance that the problem is air in the lines or the master cylinder was not properly installed.