99 TL D4 light

I have a '99 TL, 4-speed transmission, 94K miles. I just noticed today that when the transmission was in D4, the D4 light on the instrument panel was not lit. All other lights D3, D2, R ... came on when I shifted the lever to the corresponding position. I don't remember if I've ever seen the D4 light on. Maybe it's always been on and I noticed it today because it wasn't on. The car runs perfectly normal though. I've never had any problems with it.

Is it normal for the D4 light to not light up (probably not)? Is this an indication of a transmission problem? Could it be just the D4 light that's burned out? I haven't taken my car to the dealer to check on the transmission recall.

Thanks.

Reply to
ACQT

"" wrote: > I have a '99 TL, 4-speed transmission, 94K miles. I just > noticed today that > when the transmission was in D4, the D4 light on the > instrument panel was > not lit. All other lights D3, D2, R ... came on when I shifted > the lever to > the corresponding position. I don't remember if I've ever seen > the D4 light > on. Maybe it's always been on and I noticed it today because > it wasn't on. > The car runs perfectly normal though. I've never had any > problems with it. > > Is it normal for the D4 light to not light up (probably not)? > Is this an > indication of a transmission problem? Could it be just the D4 > light that's > burned out? I haven't taken my car to the dealer to check on > the > transmission recall. > > Thanks.

More than likely it?s just the D4 light having issues or burnt out, just because it won?t light up doesn?t indicate that there are or will be transmission issues... you should be fine!

Reply to
ekimevil