'99 TL Transmission

I just had my '99 TL transmission replaced under warranty at 99K miles. The transmission was replaced free of charge, but the dealer charged me almost
$500 to replace the 4 engine mounts. They said the left, right and rear mounts were broken. The front mount was OK. I went ahead and let them do the timing belt, drive belts and water pump job.
Do engine mounts really break that often or could they have been broken because of the bad transmission? Is it typical that when a transmission is replaced under warranty, the dealer wants you to replace the engine mounts as well? Has anyone has the same experience?
With all the works done, the car does ride much more smoothly.
Thanks.

Interesting. I had to replace my forward engine mounts with the warrantee replacement on my '99 TL. Maybe a co-dependent problem.