Brembo brake pad life

I have a 2007 TL Type S. I don't drive it a lot, so the car only had

17000 miles the last time I took it to my dealer for service a few months ago.

They told me the front brake pads were worn out! They showed me the pads which allegedly were from my car, and they had only about 1 mm left before the wear sensor would contact the rotor.

While I do frequently accelerate hard, I rarely brake hard. I'm very suspicious that this dealer has scammed me. He charged about $250 just for the new pads and the entire front brake job was about $450. They told me this kind of wear is not unusual with the Brembo brake pads.

What kind of brake pad life have other owners seen? Thanks!

John

Reply to
nobody

I doubt your RSX has Brembos, what the OP was referring to.

Reply to
Scott W

responding to

Motorhead7 wrote: Heavy SUV's often only get 10K from a set of front pads, doesn't seem unreasonable to get 17K from a sports car.

Reply to
Motorhead7

I've 2004 TL 6M with Brembo and have 101K miles now. I'm on my second set on brembo pads. 17K for a new set is totally fishy unless you brake hard all the time, which you do not.

-AJ

Reply to
Jogan