About My 86 Again

I got an Acura LS 86 my question is does a LS Motor from a 93 Fit Perfect or do i have to buy mounts

Reply to
Pure Racer via CarKB.com

"Pure Racer via CarKB.com" wrote in news:65dd73fbf4fda@uwe:

Integra,Legend,....what MODEL????

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Its an integra im sorry its an integra ls 86 im trying to put a B18(92 Integra Motor) In It do i need new mounts or anything else pls tell me

Jim Yanik wrote:

Reply to
Pure Racer via CarKB.com

Ok so i have an 86 Acura Integra Ls the flip-flop headlights my concern is does an B18 93 Integra Motor fit in it perfect or do i have to buy new mounts cables,etc. Please tell me everything u know

Reply to
Pure Racer via CarKB.com

"Pure Racer via CarKB.com" wrote in news:65f478540247c@uwe:

What I *know* is....nothing. Happy now?

What you're asking is fairly specialized, esoteric and extremely technical in nature. Very few people will have ever performed such a swap. Rather than asking here (and starting two threads in the process), you'd be better off trying one of the Web boards that specialize in Honda modifications. Or even better, a local Honda club that can give hands-on help.

Or try the famous

There may even be off-the-shelf kits that will enable you to do what you desire.

My *guess* is that the swap will involve some very extensive modification and fabrication on top of the engine mounts. The '86-'89 used the D-series engine. Afterwards the Integra used the B or K-series engine. These are not directly interchangeable.

Also, the emissions system was vastly different from '86 to '92. You will need to replace the ECU, the transmission and associated linkages, the engine and dash wiring harnesses, fuel system, driveshafts and perhaps the hubs and steering knuckles, all the engine controls, the oxygen sensor, and a very many other parts as well.

It appears to me that you wish to perform the sort of operation that should only be attempted by those with lots of time, money and experience (or daring).

Check for clubs and kits. They're your only real hope.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"Pure Racer via CarKB.com" wrote in news:65f478540247c@uwe:

I found this using Google;

"honda motor swap kits" is what I entered for the search.

Google is your friend.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns9838D9A498621jyanikkuanet@

129.250.170.83:

How dare you use your brain cells for more than holding your skull in shape. For shame...

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"TeGGeR®" wrote in news:Xns9838E002E16C5tegger@207.14.116.130:

Aw,everybody needs a little mentoring once in awhile....some more than others!

Reply to
Jim Yanik