About My 86 Again

Ok so i have an 86 Acura Integra Ls the flip-flop headlights my concern is does an B18 93 Integra Motor fit in it perfect or do i have to buy new mounts
cables,etc. Please tell me everything u know
I got an Acura LS 86 my question is does a LS Motor from a 93 Fit Perfect or do i have to buy mounts

Integra,Legend,....what MODEL????
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

What I *know* is....nothing. Happy now?
What you're asking is fairly specialized, esoteric and extremely technical in nature. Very few people will have ever performed such a swap. Rather than asking here (and starting two threads in the process), you'd be better off trying one of the Web boards that specialize in Honda modifications. Or even better, a local Honda club that can give hands-on help.
Or try the famous www.google.com
There may even be off-the-shelf kits that will enable you to do what you desire.
My *guess* is that the swap will involve some very extensive modification and fabrication on top of the engine mounts. The '86-'89 used the D-series engine. Afterwards the Integra used the B or K-series engine. These are not directly interchangeable.
Also, the emissions system was vastly different from '86 to '92. You will need to replace the ECU, the transmission and associated linkages, the engine and dash wiring harnesses, fuel system, driveshafts and perhaps the hubs and steering knuckles, all the engine controls, the oxygen sensor, and a very many other parts as well.
It appears to me that you wish to perform the sort of operation that should only be attempted by those with lots of time, money and experience (or daring).
Check for clubs and kits. They're your only real hope.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

I found this using Google; http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/hasport/mounts.html
"honda motor swap kits" is what I entered for the search.
Google is your friend.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

How dare you use your brain cells for more than holding your skull in shape. For shame...
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Aw,everybody needs a little mentoring once in awhile....some more than others!
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik