Acura '94 alarm

I have a 1994 Acura Legend. I went away for about six months and the battery is dead. Every time I try to charge the battery the alarm system goes off. I can't get it to stop and it will not allow the car to start.
What do I need to do to deactivate the alarm and get the battery charged to start the car.

Worth a try: disconnect the battery and completely charge it. Reconnect the battery - the alarm will go off but you should be able to turn it off with the unlock button. Trying to charge the battery with the alarm connected may bring the alarm system up through voltage inputs that it isn't ready to deal with.
Mike
My 94 Legend had alarm issues. After parking the car the alarm would sometimes randomly go off while parked in the garage. According to my mechanic the actuators in the doors caused the problem. Apparently it is fairly easy to deactivate them, I think it can even be done with duct tape, but I never bothered since it only happened on occasion.
Hope this helps.

system
start.
the
may
deal
While the alarm is going off unlock the passengers door. This should disable it.
David Short Acura God

Jim Yanik
jyanik
Acura offered a factory alarm (security system) in 1988. My 89 legends both have it (it wasn't an option on L and LS) No keyless entry until 1991, I believe. Unlocking a door with a key disables the alarm.

Jim Yanik
jyanik

There is a switch on the cylinder - true on every power door lock I know of. My '84 Nissan 300ZX with factory alarm would alarm if the driver's door (or any door) was opened without the driver's door being unlocked with the key. Unlocking it from inside would not disable the alarm.
Mike