Acura Demanding 1026.00 to settle old Lease

I turned in my 2001 acura cl ts in Feb.21st.At the same time I took possession of a 2005 Tl lease.6 weeks later Acura sends me a letter demanding 1026 dollars saying it was in accordance with the terms of
my lease.It gave no other details.I called acura and the guy pulled up my account and said it was for excessive wear and tear.I returned that car in very good shape and with only 25k miles after 4 years.I told him I was contacting the NY state attorney general's office and was requesting arbitration to settle the matter after reading the NY State leasing law.He immediately offered to take 200 dollars off and to accept 100 dollars a month payment plan.He said the offer would still stand if i lost arbitration but I had to do it in 20 days or it will be reported to credit agency.According to NY state leasing law Acura was required to send me by registered mail with signature required a letter detailing the damages and the cost of repair for each item.Acura never did this.I know I should have had the car inspected before returning it but I had expected to keep car another 6 months after due date.The new car was done unexpectedly. Has any one else been through this?
"lliguy" wrote: > I turned in my 2001 acura cl ts in Feb.21st.At the same time I > took > possession of a 2005 Tl lease.6 weeks later Acura sends me a > letter > demanding 1026 dollars saying it was in accordance with the > terms of > my lease.It gave no other details.I called acura and the guy > pulled up > my account and said it was for excessive wear and tear.I > returned that > car in very good shape and with only 25k miles after 4 years.I > told > him I was contacting the NY state attorney general's office > and was > requesting arbitration to settle the matter after reading the > NY State > leasing law.He immediately offered to take 200 dollars off and > to > accept 100 dollars a month payment plan.He said the offer > would still > stand if i lost arbitration but I had to do it in 20 days or > it will > be reported to credit agency.According to NY state leasing law > Acura > was required to send me by registered mail with signature > required a > letter detailing the damages and the cost of repair for each > item.Acura never did this.I know I should have had the car > inspected > before returning it but I had expected to keep car another 6 > months > after due date.The new car was done unexpectedly. Has any one > else > been through this?
You need to act fast and read articles at www.artofcredit.com . Honda Financial must verify & validate the debt owed in a itemized list. You must fight this from the start and protect your rights under FDCRA and FCRA acts.