Acura Longevity

Hi,
I'm looking at buying a used Acura, probably an EL or an RSX. Right now I have a corolla that has 270,000 km's on it and it is still running well.. my question is can I expect the same type of results out
of an Acura? How many Km's does your acura have on it, and what type of problems have you experienced?
Thanks.
Kevin
Acura is a devision of Honda and are known to be the top competitor against Toyota on longevity. My response to your question of how they compare is I don't know because I've never owned a Toyota. I have always owned Honda's ever since I turned 18 and I now work for Acura. Any car will last a while if you take car of it. The RSX is a good car and I'm assuming you ment TL instead of EL and they are also an excellent choice. I have to say the RSX is cheaper than the TL and the Type-S is fast. The TL is a V6 so it eats more gas but is a blast to drive. If you take car of the car you can expect to get 270,000 km without a problem. The biggest problem we see in high mile cars is broken timing belts. If it breaks it will cost you the engine. Make sure you replace it ever 170,000 KM or 105,000 miles and do your maintaince on time and you shouldn't have any problem hitting that milage or higher.
Thanks for the comments... I will be looking for into them for sure.
As far as the TL/EL thing... this is where I got EL from..
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotida584&adidP31166
there are alot of the listed on autotrader.ca
EL is Canadian - now replaced by CSX. MZ

Do not know about the TL or RSX, but I have 252,000 miles on my Integra and it is still running strong. All I have ever done to it is normal maintenance-- oil change every 4K, plugs, timing belt, brakes, etc. I am going to drive it until it dies, then look for a used RSX to replace it.
Kevin Miller wrote:

I have a '94 Integra GS-R with 148,000 miles, about 235,000 km. I bought it used with 45K miles on it and I have always driven it very hard. The clutches are a weak spot probably due to the car's power and my driving style. The other weak spot is the exhaust A pipe which I repaired a couple times before replacing it with a header. Other repairs: typical brake servicing including a master cylinder and rear calipers, a radiator, coil/igniter, starter. High performance Summer tires last about 30K which is not bad. The suspension is squeaky when it's cold out. Replaced the shocks with Tokikos which may have been a mistake. It still runs and handles like it forgot to take it's Ritalin. It does use about a quart of oil every 1500 to 2000 miles which doesn't bother me. There is one significant rust spot over the rear wheel well.
Don't know how much of this is applicable to the cars you are considering but in general Hondas are pretty durable and reliable.

'91 Integra, 425,000 km so far and no end in sight. You can expect such long life ONLY if the car's been maintained well.
I've had no problems other than a need to service the brakes every six months to counteract the effects of winter. Honda brakes seize up quickly, especially rear discs.
You can peruse the Unofficial FAQ to get an idea of the sort of problems that crop up a lot.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ